"Lag" in single player?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nocturnaloner

Dec 24, 1999
Visit site
PII 400
V3 2000
v 4.00

No matter what res, even in the GUI, I get regular 1/2 second freezes every 4.5 seconds or so. What the hell gives? Please help.

Suicide_King_X

Dec 24, 1999
Visit site
I can't tell you what the problem is. However I get a VERY similar problem in muli-player. I don't know what causes it but I don't think it has anything to do with your set-up. Fortuately this doesn't happen for me in single player mode or I'd really be screwed. I would try the game in multi-player and see how it runs there first. That might clear up a few things. There really isn't any reason why you shoul;d be having problems though.

bullet2.gif

"The only time you must worry about is the one that strikes at six!"

nocturnaloner

Dec 24, 1999
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. The thing is, it's not a framerate thing. The framerate is quite smooth, but even when I'm just in the interface mind you, the engine isn't even running yet, I get these very regular pauses, even the mouse cursor will freeze.

drumber

Nov 10, 1999
North Hollywood, Ca., USA
Well, just in case you don't do this already a scandisk and defrag of your hardrive is good to do on a regular basis. It also may be a heat problem with your video card. Try playing with the cover off and a house fan pointed at your card. If that helps then you know it's a heat problem.