1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ladders?

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by TheMadMonk, Aug 23, 2000.

1. TheMadMonk

TheMadMonk Mapper

Anyone know if ladders are comming for Beta 2.8? Like the ones in TacOps and SF?

I knwo you can build ladders other ways...but they are quite hight limited and bots just blow when trying to navigate them...

Anyone know? Making real like maps with out ladders in near impossible for me.

TheMadMonk

2. Romilar_D

Romilar_D New Member

Ladders

SF just uses invisible staircase method which does not work very well (walking down causes player to walk off the staircase). I have not checked to see how TO implements ladders. A zone based alternative is to use a nitrogen zone. This gives better player control than a gravity zone and doesnt have the splash sound, swimming effect, or cloudiness of a water zone but in the end is not as reliable as geometry based ladders. I hope Beppo can provide a little scripting magic to give mappers a 'real' ladder class in a future release of Infiltration. Bot support for this type of ladder is probably impossible with the UT engine.

[​IMG]

It takes a minute to pray, but only a second to die

3. Romilar_D

Romilar_D New Member

Ladders

BTW an as yet unreleased mod Real Tournament by the guys at RealCTF will have climbable surfaces (ladders, ropes, etc.) implimented as a climb zone. Link follows:
    Real Tournament Spec Page

[​IMG]

It takes a minute to pray, but only a second to die.