UE3 - UDK Kismet Help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

andynov123

Feb 14, 2011
Hi
I've been trying to mimic the kismet in the first picture but am having trouble finding 2 items on kismet image.I am missing from the picture "Jazz Mesh" Skel or 0 and also I am missing on the left of that X=0....000. Please help me locate these on kismet so I can get this working.

The purpose of this is to get a weapon to fire in udk mobile.

Attachments

• My Kismet.jpg
    My Kismet.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Kismet I want to have.jpg
    Kismet I want to have.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 16

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
The SkeletalMeshActor_0 variable is just a variable referencing the skeletalmesh the kismet is applied to. That you need to add yourself.
The vector variable you're missing is easily added, just right-click on any of the input pins coloured like that and select Create New Vector Variable.

andynov123

Feb 14, 2011
The SkeletalMeshActor_0 variable is just a variable referencing the skeletalmesh the kismet is applied to. That you need to add yourself.

I got the vector variable but I'm still confused on the SkeletalmeshActor_0. Can you go into detail on how to add it myself.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
It is simply an object variable that references a skeletalmesh actor. Since this is a specific setup you're trying to mimic, you're going to want to find out what skeletalmesh actor was used in the example setup, place one in your level, and while having it selected, in kismet right-click and add an object variable contextually.

andynov123

Feb 14, 2011
Its the skeletal mesh of the character from jazz tutorial. I did what you said and clicked new obj variable, but the kismet circle that appeared says MobilePlaceablePawn_1 instead of Skel...or_7. Is this the same thing or am I doing something wrong.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
A pawn is not necessarily the same as a skeletalmesh actor. You will probably need to use a skeletalmesh actor for your setup, though not being familiar with the setup itself or the context it is used in in the example renders me unable to tell for sure what it is you need to make it work. If you do not understand how the sequence you're trying to build is going to work, you should maybe try to take things step by step and learn how to use kismet properly.