1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Killzone 2 - Demo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by B, Feb 6, 2009.

1. B

B Bee

Killzone 2 - Playstation 3 Exclusive

If you didn't know allready, the demo for Killzone 2 is available on PSN since last night. \o/

I installed it last night and played through it a couple of times and this is what I think:

+ Grapics are great, especially the lightning and explosions.
    + Enemy AI is good, they outflank, search cover and work together.
    + Enemy movement is almost real. I haven't seen a collision error on all the plays I had.
    + Physics are very detailed, every particle is affected by wind and gravity.
    + Action, Action, Action!
    + It's Dutch! :dutch:

- The controls. Playing a FPS with a joypad will never be as good as KB/Mouse. But I'll get better at it.
    - Too short (Good demo's always are)

Did you play it and did you like it?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  2. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

Thanks for the reminder. I still really haven't picked up the RE5 demo yet either as I have been busy with Fallout 3 :D

EDIT: Just checked and I didn't see it. You got it first you dirty monkey :mad:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  3. Hanover_Fist

Hanover_Fist Hero

B, I bought a FragFX and I know that you've got one too (did a search).
    I'm pretty disappointed with it but I've only used it for demos (Resistance and Bad Co.). Does it work any better with any other games?

I bought it based on a customer review video on Amazon (for CoD).....it looked pretty convincing.

http://www.amazon.com/SplitFish-Gam...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Your thoughts?

4. B

B Bee

Well my Frag-FX is either broken (out of the box) or it's a piece of **** (out of the box. :p)
    I didn't even bother to try it in Killzone, I bought it for Resistance 1, but never really used it because it just doesn't work well.
    The mouse is totally inaccurate. No matter which sensitivity I set it on, it just doesn't respond correctly. And the buttons feel strange, like cheap plastic. Not a good buy imo.

Games should allow buttons to be remapped, then you can use a bluetooth/usb mouse and keyboard setup on the PS3.

5. Majik

Majik blargh

Isn't it a preorder exclusive in the US? Just create a fake euro account and DL it.

I'm downloading it now.

6. dub

dub

KZ2 has some of the nicest player models and running animations I have seen in any game.
    Be some time before I get to play it though. (alone me wanting to play an FPS on a console is a little o_O)

7. Darkdrium

Darkdrium 20% Cooler

Yep, make a fake EU account and you're set. :)

Played it a few times, gaaah it's so short! I wish I had taken advantage of the beta more, but I dind't get the time :(

I'll be buying.

8. Iron Archer

Iron Archer Holy ****ing King of Trolls

I played it and it's great. The best control scheme IMHO is Alternate 2, which is just like the COD4/W@W control scheme. Also, you can select from all the Euro languages in the demo, which is pretty cool. Playing in Italian there was a ton of "Merda!" expletives being used. I found that there are some shortcuts you can take, such as blowing up the bridge with your rifle instead of having to use the RPG. You can even take a different route sometimes instead of having to follow the predefined path. It's nice to have AI partners that actually do something and that you don't have to babysit as much.

9. Majik

Majik blargh

^

Yeah I also found the alternate 2 scheme to be the best as it was the one closest to the default scheme in Resistance 2. I struggled a bit with the default scheme on my first playthrough, but on my second it was a very satisfying experience.

BTW, is it just me or does some of the Helghast sound kinda like Sean Connery and Jason Statham?

10. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

What ? There's no keyboard+mouse-support ?
    I thought the PS3 was *the* console that was (finally) going to support those controls in games.
    Is the six-axis motion-sensing that much more high-profile for games ?

And yeah : go Dutchies ! It really is good to see that a Dutch company can produce a high-profile game that also gets good reviews for a change.

It's a shame the PS3 is so ff-ing expensive and there's supposed to be no price-cut this year either. (

11. Lruce Bee

Lruce Bee Transcending to another level

Played the official demo today.
    Jaw-dropping would be an understatement.

Lruce

12. DarkED

DarkED The Great Oppression

The Helghast have mostly always had British voices.