Killing opposite team members while in jail?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
I've noticed on some of the maps you can still kill opposing team members with your assault rifle while in jail. Like in JB-CastleBreak I was happily gunning down opposing team members as they strode confidently past our holding cell. Is this supposed to happen? I was under the impression you weren't supposed to be able to do this? .... also is it considered poor server manners to do so? (Can you tell I'm a JB n00b yet? haha)

Gratz on the 2k4 version and thanx for one of my new fav gametypes! Man this shoulda been shipped with the damn game!

Last edited:

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
i wouldnt change that at all. if a jail is designed so you can shot out of it andan enemy player is dumb enough to get close enough for you to frag them with an AR then thats just fun...

jail is boring enough sometimes (especially in jails with no cams or other features), imho id leave it as is.

]yS[concrete

Mar 18, 2003
Houston
www.hard2kill.sifizm.com
oh man there is NOTHING better than playin JB on instagib and fraggin the other team's last person from your jail =P

and even in weapons, i've seen people who will stock up on weaps then hand them out to prisoners... which was a very interesting idea if nothing else....

basically it just adds a whole new dimension, even if it's just a buncha angry prisoners shooting assault pellets at a guy snipin them from a tower cuz he's bored =P

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
UnrealGrrl said:
i wouldnt change that at all. if a jail is designed so you can shot out of it andan enemy player is dumb enough to get close enough for you to frag them with an AR then thats just fun...

jail is boring enough sometimes (especially in jails with no cams or other features), imho id leave it as is.

:tup:

Its great on a map like Castles, especially when your teammates are all shooting at the enemy. It's actually not too hard to kill an enemy with your AR when you have 8 of them shooting at someone. :D

papaschtroumpf

May 21, 2004
The feature should have an option to be disabled if you have a mutator like sniper arena or instagib, but othersie, please leave it in and make it a mapper's choice!

and who said you're limited to the assault rifle? it's easy enough to sneak better weapons in the jail (sniper rifle anyone)? I does change the balance/flow of things but it's not necessarily a bad thing. Works great in Castle!