1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Killing Floor! Who will get it up first?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Imaginos, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Imaginos

Imaginos Deathball addict?

Should be a simple add-in for UT2Vote.

I'm off to Atlantic City in a few mins, so it probably won't be me. I've been looking forward to this one. Be a nice treat to spring on my regulars..

2. Imaginos

Ok, I'm home at last and starting to look it over.. Seems there's more that needs to be done than I thought initially. BTW, I still haven't installed it.. Just looking over the zip file.

UT2004's stock 2k4fonts.utx and 2k4menu.utx will need to be set to serverside only/client optional to allow both normal UT2004 and also KillingFloor clients to connect to the server w/o a mismatch. This will probably mean some unpredictable results when mixed clients try to run this mod. I'll find out in the morning for sure though..

3. tdw-socke

tdw-socke New Member

i guess, this won't work. Until today i couldn't manage, to get mods propperly running together with standard UT, if those mods use system-files, using the same name as the standard filse, which is imho very very stupid :(

4. Imaginos

Aww.. Don't be silly. UT2Vote can make anything work when you combine it with some admin know-how.

For example, I have Killing Floor working on my beta server now.
    Check it out.. UT2004://66.208.105.179:7777
    BTW, add that puppy to your favorites too, cause I NEVER set it to advertise and hell knows what you'll find on it sometimes.

Turns out an admin will have to replace 2 stock UT2004 files to get this to work. I have modified the packageflags of a dedicated 3355 server's 2K4Menus.utx and 2K4MenuSounds.uax to disregard whatever the client connects with and avoid the dreaded mismatch disconnect. (I did a similar trick with DeathBall)
    I have attached a zip containing the 2 required files. They go into the DEDICATED SERVER's ../UT2004/Textures/ and ../UT2004/Sounds/ folders. They are not for your client or listen server.

That was the only challenging hurdle, really. The rest is pretty routine for any UT2Vote veteran:

(as always, watch for stray spaces in the following - damn forum bug)
    Code:
    [UT2Vote51.UT2VoteGameTypes]
    GameType=(GameName="Killing Floor",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="BuD2k4 KillingFloor Test - UT2Vote",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="KF-WestLondon",MapPrefix="KF",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="KFmod.KFGameType",Mutators="DummyMut.DummyMutE",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=40?MinPlayers=0?MaxPlayers=6?MaxSpectators=6?Translocator=False?WeaponStay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=100?NumBots=1?Difficulty=5?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?bCustomGame=True")

[UT2Vote51.UT2VotePackages]
    Packages=(MutClassName="DummyMut.DummyMutE",ServerPackages="KFMod,KFGUI,GoodKarma")

Attached Files:

5. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Imaginos strikes again - way to go dude ;)

6. utw-Mephisto

utw-Mephisto Guilty

I was first thinking with "bCustomGame=True" there shouldn't be any problems at all