Killing Floor 2.5 mod...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

poompoom500

DnM (aka Y_Knot?)
Jan 23, 2008
NJ, USA
www.angelfire.com
:(

This is a server-side question. I play KF2.5 online. And when I host the game (run it in dedicated mode), and play my custom maps, I cannot get anyone to access my server. The same when I run it in Listen mode. I am using a ADSL connection! The password is switched off. Can someone help?

Last edited:

poompoom500

DnM (aka Y_Knot?)
Jan 23, 2008
NJ, USA
www.angelfire.com
Killing Floor 2.5 Internet Connection

:(To Phoenix_Wing,

Thank you for your reply. I tried accessing the modem/router but was unable to do the changes because I didn't want to follow the recommended procedure in the modem/router about changing current admin username/password. I don't want to change it. But I'll try again.

poompoom500

DnM (aka Y_Knot?)
Jan 23, 2008
NJ, USA
www.angelfire.com
KF2.5 Online Access...

Is that port forwarding really neccessary? I am using a ADSL connection. And I noticed that a few of us who play KF2.5 log in but no on else can. Also, the ping isn't showing. However, those who have master servers have their pings displayed. Why is that? And I have joined servers that are personal servers yet anyone can join. They tell me that their connection is cable/T1. Has that got anything to do with it?

Phoenix_Wing

Official Kantham Stalker
Mar 28, 2008
California
Alright let me explain what Ports are.

Think of your router as a big fortress, with your computer being inside it. If someone wants to come into your fortress they come through a gate. A port is essentially the gate. However, if people want to leave your Fortress, they can leave through any gate, opened or closed.

Your router has all of these gates shut by default.

When a person wants to connect to your fortress, they are denied because the gate is not open.

By going into your router and opening these ports you are saying "Hey! Come on in"! and those packets get sent to your computer.

The reason why you see it on the Master Server is because your computer sends a message to the master server telling it that your game exists.

You don't have to change your password. I don't know why it says that...

Just add the ports, and make sure you have a Static IP or you will not receive the packets.

poompoom500

DnM (aka Y_Knot?)
Jan 23, 2008
NJ, USA
www.angelfire.com
Port forwarding...

:lol:To Phoenix_Wing,

Thanks awful much. That simple explanation clarified the concept for me immensely. That's how much I know about modem/routers. My problem is I can't access it. My modem/router is a Verizon Westell ADSL. And when I try getting the Security section, all I can get is Admin password change dialog. I can access the main menu by typing in the main username/password (admin/password), and it gives me security, networking, wireless status, etc... but it stays on "security". When I click on any of the other menus like networking, it won't let me access it! Thus, I can't change the application settings.

poompoom500

DnM (aka Y_Knot?)
Jan 23, 2008
NJ, USA
www.angelfire.com

The modem/router that I have is the Westell Versalink Gateway as seen below.

And I have accessed the menu by using "admin" for both the username and password. The changes that I made was close to what you prescribed, except it was done automatically by the modem/router. There was a dialog box in the security/application section asking me which game server I wanted to use. I clicked and scrolled down to Unreal Tournament server. It had a pre-set setting i n it. Not exactly the ones you had in your port-forwarding post. The thing is, it still won't work!

Eh, I just have to try again.

DATE: 09/16/09 - I am including the following printscreenies on my modem/router settings.

Last edited: