UE3 - UT3 Kill Volume for a specific player using Kismet

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

onibakusjg

Jan 22, 2010
Hello. I am taking a Advanced Level Design class from Art Institute of California - San Diego. My teacher, as a joke, offered extra credit for anybody who can figure out a way, using kismet, to kill him when he touches the flag in a CTF match. The trick is that this has to effect nobody else.

I thought of two ways of going about pin-pointing his 'player'.

The First involves targeting him as the host since he is always the ones that hosts the matches when we play test the game.

The Second involves targeting what is log in name is for the game (the gamer tag as to speak that is used in the lan matches such as 'Iwillbeatyouall007'.

The problem is I'm not sure how to go about setting up the kismet so that it will do this.

Can anybody help out with the setup?

Narayana

Jun 16, 2009
The second method is doable with the following:
2 Flag taken Events (one on each flag, just in case)
2 GetObjectProperty actions
2 object variables
2 string variables
1 string comparison
1 CauseDamage action
-Volumes are not necessary.
-The properties to return are PlayerReplicationInfo and PlayerName.
You should be able to figure out the rest. I would paste a working sequence here, but then you would have to fax me the extra credit.

onibakusjg

Jan 22, 2010
Haha, thanks. I should be able to figure it out from there. If I can't, I should be able to find a last quarter friend to help me.