1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KiiiiiiYAWP!!! (arse-kicking proficiency)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DeDpoet|BuF, Jul 10, 2003.

1. DeDpoet|BuF

DeDpoet|BuF Only this, & nothing more...

wondering who here in BuF has martial arts training... whats your discipline & level?

2. Gundato

Gundato Wangosaurus Rex

tae kwan doe, i believe i am a yellow belt (one step away from the next one), but then i had to go to a funeral or whatever, and when i got back my mother started putting me in all these extra classes to make up for it. conclusion: i am a very confuzzled yellow belt taking classes that are way out of my league.

so in conclusion, yellow belt in tae kwan doe.

3. DeDpoet|BuF

chadeyot.... joombe! kyung yae!
    :tup:

/edit - i forgot to put mine down. TaeKwanDo as well. Achieved bb when i was in Korea (about 7yo.) Then pursued again in college - personally taught by 2 guys (both 3rd degrees), started from scratch & tried to get 2nd degree, but didn't (they graduated & abandoned me :( ). been slacking ever since. Thinking of going back to it again. ;)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2003
  4. AMMAGETSVM

AMMAGETSVM wild

I've studied Kenpo, Isshinryu, and Taekwon Do over the years - I'm practicing Ba Gua Zhang right now, and it's by far my favorite of the lot.

5. Clayeth

Clayeth Classic

I have some friends taking Shaolin Do in Lexington. They like to brag because they're at the main place in the country that the Grandmaster guy runs :hmm:

All I really know is that anyone named "Grandmaster Sin" must be pretty fricken' cool :D

Last edited: Jul 10, 2003
  6. TossMonkey

TossMonkey brown bread?

I once went to a few karate lessons and a few thai kickboxing lessons. Karate was rubbish, thai boxing was insanely violent. Hence I quit both. Now I'm a master in kick-you-in-the-bollocks-fu and headbutt-you-in-the-face-until-you're-blind-fu.

7. Orochi

Orochi It's Dr.Orochi now, M.D. woot!

Ive got a degree in Kungfuology

[​IMG]

8. TossMonkey

TossMonkey brown bread?

Orochi... thats an awesome gif :D

9. iolair

iolair Mostly Harmless

I started Karate 17 years ago, Fencing 13 years ago and also took Judo for a year. I've kinda ended up as a sort of hybrid kickboxer ... probably about to start teaching it a bit.

10. Sam_The_Man

Sam_The_Man I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism

Brown-and-white-belt in karate. I quit because it was boring, which is something martial arts should surely not be.

I considered taking up tae kwon doe, but it was on the same night as the badminton club, so that'll have to wait until I move somewhere else :)

11. EndlessInfinity

EndlessInfinity Where is your god now?

Koshin Karate Jutsu (formerly Wado-Kai), and green belt. I hope to continue it, but it's difficult due to the ammount of school and community sports I do.

12. Rocket_Magnet

Rocket_Magnet All I need is a certain trigger

i was hoping to take up wu shue but cant find anywhere that teaches it in my area

13. FaT CaM

FaT CaM Not much...

Ninjitsu!

I am t3h fatt3h ninja!

14. Synastren

Synastren Explodious!

Last time I checked, I had three feats in "Akiedo" (even spelled correctly! :eek:), therefore attaining a Weapon Focus(ie: +2 to hit, +2 to damage).

But I have been taught a little Akiedo to the point where I can improvisate, so. By the way, it was unorganized.

15. Ice

Ice New Member

I watched wrestling on TV. I can make you a parapalegic, watch out.

16. DeDpoet|BuF

y is Ba Gua Zhang your fav? just curious..

iolair - a question about fencing - is that with foils / rapier style? I'm curious. I'm thinking of getting into kenjutsu - just intrigued by the art of the japanese sword.

17. ^DaRk^AgentOrange|PuF

^DaRk^AgentOrange|PuF Banned

I know kung fu.

18. FaT CaM

FaT CaM Not much...

In Ninjitsu class, our teacher places two rubber knives randomnly around the room, blindfolds us and we go find them and be first to stab our opponent.

19. Papapishu

Papapishu 我是康

Someone once told me Karate and Tae kwon Do was the two martial arts that drew most psychos ;)

What does the zhang stand for?

Personally, I do some Tai ji chuan.

20. Selerox

Selerox COR AD COR LOQVITVR

You are a...

Orochi - for including a 900KB animated gif in a post, and for all those stupidly large sig images you used to have you are now officialy a... :)

Attached Files: