1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kicking a grenade

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by DarkBls, Jun 10, 2001.

1. Rostam

Rostam PSN: Rostam_

Once I was walking with 3 friendlies behind me when some1 trew a nade in front of me! I dived on the nade and saved their lives IM SURE! but kicking it may have saved my live too! although I dont think any1 will think like that in real combat when u know u are gona die!
    But.. it still is a game... and u can do it in real live, its just to darn scary! So I think it'll be great to be able to kick nades away in INF! I have all the courage I need when playing :rolleyes:

2. Spetznaz_1

Spetznaz_1 Special-Purpose

Kicking would be a good idea and would probably save my life sometimes. Don't you just hate it when a grenade lands infront of you and all you can do is say: "****" as running won't help at all. Another type of kicking that would be cool is to add extra range to your grenade throw. By kicking it with your foot high into the air. ;)

3. RogueLeader

RogueLeader Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"

Kicking wouldn't help any more. When a grenade lands in front of you and you are out of stamina, the best thing you can do is go make some good while you wait for the next round to start.

4. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

Of course I would prefer running. Be if I'm not able to because of my stamina I think I will not stand up in front this grenade waiting to die. I will do whatever I can to survive =>Try to kick it. Even if you failed your fate cannot be worth !
    Or maybe I have a survival will greater than you ? [​IMG]
    Do you see what I'm traying to say ?

5. Rostam

Have you been playing worms??? kicking a nade! a nade isnt entirely round! youll kick it to the wrong way and kill a friendly or maybe even urself!

6. Spetznaz_1

Spetznaz_1 Special-Purpose

Look man i was joking. I am sorry if i didn't make it clear enough to everyone.

7. Rostam

oowwwwwwwwww!!!!! that explains! i thought u really thought u can kick a nade! Well.. don't blame me! REALLY! Some peeps really do think those stupid things!!!

8. LepraKip

LepraKip New Member

You guys forget just one thing: kamikaze.

Sometimes dying by a grenade isn't *too* bad in INF, if you take someone with you in your death. ;)

Btw -- If you don't have enough stamina to run like ****, why would you have enough stamina to give the grenade a kick *that* hard it flies so far that you'll live?

The idea is lovely m8, i love it. It's so cool to kick the grenade so that it hurts even more. :D

DA KAMIKAZE MASTER (record=4 with one nade)

LepraKip

9. Rostam

DARN! i had 4 kills with one nade 2 once... but im still very proud on my record of knifing 4 campers in one round!!! :D ( it was 5vs5)

10. Ranger .223

Ranger .223 Leadin the way

i think it's a great idea, kicking the grenades that is. i was wondering somthin, if you dive on top of a grenade will the explosion be the same or will it stop the big boom and blow you to bits, i'm not sure if this would work in real life because im not about to try lol:D but i think it would be great if your traveling in a squad, someone chucks a grenade, your in a tight area and someone lays on top of the sucker so everyone else wont die, i think it could be quite useful lol!!:boom:

11. GranoblasticMan

GranoblasticMan New Member

Definately a good idea. I'd rather jump on the 'nade to save my team's ass than just sit there and let all of us die. Of course, I'd hate to see everyone leaping for the 'nade with the same thought. :p

12. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

Idea rejected ! Because with the new stamina sytem it wil be hard to be too tired to run away

13. Rostam

hey! I did it once and I saved 2 lives with it!!! We were in a tunnel, there was no way any1 would have survived if I havent jumped on the nade!
    Except of course If some1 else would have jumped...:rolleyes:

14. Doyve the Royve

Doyve the Royve Quite simply the best Royve around!

what about that bit in saving private ryan - there's 2 guys firing with a .50 cal HMG firing out of a hole in a wall. Germans keep throwing Stielhandgrenates (grenades on sticks) through the hole, but since the grenades land at their feet it takes less than a second to chuck them back out of the hole and round the side of it.

throwing/kicking grenades away might not work, but around corners?

15. Rostam

What about the game Hidden and Dangerous? in that game, the german nades blow when they hit something, where the german nades on timers, or on "hit"? Im just asking to find out how realistic the movie was...

16. GranoblasticMan

GranoblasticMan New Member

They're on timers, like most grenades.

17. <P^R>Imperial

<P^R>Imperial Bleh

Am I the only one that uses alternate nade throw key to light the fuse 2 seconds before throwing it?

18. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

no, they want to do long throws with short fuses.
    the amount of time held -> determines length thrown.
    But you cant hold it down too long with alternate fire....

19. Donnellizer

Donnellizer Fjæsing!

GOOD IDEA ME HAS!

Ok, so my idea is to have the server set how long the nade count is. From anywhere to 3 to 10 secs. And they could also choose to have kicking or throwing. You could kick it given about 5 or 6 secs and throw it with 8, 9, or 10 seconds. So that would be good if it could be implemented. But then again, you said with the new stamina system it woud be hard to run out or sumthin.

20. Rostam

that would suck, really! I know when my nade blows, if that changes on every server... DAMN....