1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kicking a grenade

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by DarkBls, Jun 10, 2001.

1. RogueLeader

RogueLeader Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"

If a grenade is so close to you and so close to the moment of detonation that you cannot run from the explosion, I doubt picking it up and throwing it will save you either.

2. poaw

poaw You used to sleep easy at night.

I love this feature in DoD. It allows someone to hold his position even when someone tries to blast him out of it.

But even with all of it's worth it ends being underused because most people just run away from grenades, even with the generous fuse settings in DoD.

3. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

It why i suggested KICKING !

4. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

i never toss em back because i usually can't find em... so i just run away screaming, like a scared little girl :D

5. RogueLeader

RogueLeader Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"

Darkbls: When someone tosses a grenade in Inf, I belive it is 4 seconds to detonation. Probably 3 of those are spent by the grenade traveling to its destination. That gives you 1 second to identify the grenade, and kick it far enough away that it won't hurt you, which is about 15m. I don't think anyone can do that.

6. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

I was several time is the right situation to do it !

ANd maybe in such situation is I was able to do that, I would probably been injured but not dead ![​IMG]

7. OICW

OICW Reason & Logic > Religion

IRL picking up grenades is just in the movies. Kicking it back? Right you try and doing that and your legs get blown off.

If a grenade lands near you, you either run like hell and drop to the ground or you dive away as far as you can.

Picking up a grenade will most likely result in it blowing up in your hand na dprobably taking off most of your face.

Besides, all this kicking/throwing back is assuming that the grenade has like a 10sec timer and the enemy hasn't waited while throwing it.

Rogue is right. 4 or 5 seconds is not long enough to kick back a grenade. And all they have to do is hold the pin for a 1/2-1 second longer and you are gone. simple as that.

8. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

It is just is this case:

You are out off stamina, so you CANNOT run. The best to do is to kick it ! I don't mean to kick it back to the guy, but just the farther you can from you !

9. Elite_Soldier

Elite_Soldier -Malice-

Psychology...

I don't think people have the courage to kick or throw a grenade that lands at their feet. I heard somewhere in a military manual that under all circumstances that when a grenade lands in your trench, ou should assume it is active and will explode in two seconds. You should either run your ass off, or seek cover behind something immediately.

Who would have the guts to kick a grenade in RL? CHances are, you'll lose a limb.

10. OICW

OICW Reason & Logic > Religion

Simple Dark: If you are that close to it to kick and you rae out of stamina you die.

You could move as fast as you can and go prone in your case mentioned above.

Anyway the fuses are only 5 seconds and thus kicking it back would not be an option since it in 99.99% of the cases go off before u could kick it.

After kicking it the grenade would probably go off about 1 second later and because u are upright you get cuaght in the blast or you are more likely (depending on how far you kick it) get ripped apart by the shrapnel.

That's why you in RL dive to the ground as far away as you can, or run and hit the ground or seek cover.

Kicking grenades is just in the movies and wouldn't happen in real life because of their short 5 second fuses and it is not taught in any armies AFAIK

11. Puncher

Puncher AFA member

I once read of a marine in Iwo Jima or Okinawa, who was in his landing boat when some Japanese threw grenades at him. He wanted to become a major league catcher. He caught the grenades out of the air and threw them back at the Japanese. That went on until they threw a grenade where they had already lit the fuse for one or two seconds and it exploded before he had the chance to throw it back. It tore his hand off.

12. Kisen_K

Kisen_K S&M Airlines

Ouch! Good idea tough

13. carnivore

carnivore Built For The kill

kicking nades...

If you kick a grenade , wont the kick blow the grenade on your leg?

14. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

Re: kicking nades...

I would be surprised if it does! [​IMG]

15. BobTheFearlessFish

BobTheFearlessFish New Member

i saw it once

there was a tv program that showed some of the british army in training, one of the guys threw a grenade at a bunker (training grenade, much smaller blast, but same timer) the grenade missed and his commander ran out and kicked it in. later he said he did it because his troops couldnt move and if the grenade had been live it would have killed or wounded a lot of them.Maybe you couldnt kick it far away enough but in a tight space you could kick it behind something, to save some team mates

16. BlueSniper

BlueSniper if today was yesterday, what's tomarrow?

why dont you take my "Kicking" Idea???

you still havent procsessed it yet....

17. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

Because I don't see the real need to have a "general" kick.
    Expose me in your thread the goal.

<center>[​IMG]</center>

18. ShakKen

ShakKen Specops Spook

Solution to getting killed by grenades: be where the grenades are not.

19. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

I think I don't understand what you mean.
    What do you think about kicking a grenade in a last chance to survive ?

20. ShakKen

ShakKen Specops Spook

I think when concerning 'lit' grenades, if you are doing anything except getting the hell away from them you need to get your head checked. :)