kickers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

bobtheking

Monkey in a bucket
Dec 1, 2001
dx*dp >= h/4pi
Visit site
in my new level, there is a big room with a few non-solid cones with a warping texture sliding up the side, and i have kickers in the cone to launch you up, and at the top of the cone, there is a teleporter. That teleporter puts you in a revolved tube with the same texture. it has kickers all along it, so it looks like you are going through a warp or something, like in stargate. At the end there is another teleporter that takes you out of the tube and drops you into a cave with water in it. What i want is your view to point in the direction that you are kicked, so you don't go through the tube sideways. How?

Astyanax

GotoState('Coding');
If you want the viewrotation to be absolutely fixed and predefined in your map, you have to use interpolation points, but I don't recommend using them because it's a pain to find out how they work and UT crashes when a bot uses it.

However I don't see the point in not wanting to make players able to choose in which direction they look. :B

bobtheking

Monkey in a bucket
Dec 1, 2001
dx*dp >= h/4pi
Visit site
here is a pic of the tunnel, it is three 90 degree revovled octogons with cones and a teleporter at the end, so it looks like it dosen't end. There are kickers at every turn to kick you through the tube from one teleporter to the other. The zone has zero gravity and friction, so people can't grip the sides, but i can't turn off air control, can i? Anyway, you all see the situation, and you go through the tunnel too fast to look straight, but I know for a fact that it would look ten times better if you look forward.

Astyanax

GotoState('Coding');
Put the trigger that starts the path at the 1st teleporter in the tunnel, so that someone teleporting into the tunnel would be instantly 'grabbed' by the path. Just make the path go through the teleporter at the end of the tunnel and the player should (not sure if there are any side-effects) quit the path and be teleported.