1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kactor impact sounds?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Fraz, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Fraz

Fraz New Member

Im posting this to ask a favour. There is a class called Lawdogs KActor, found here http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/KActor_Replication . This, as you can see makes kactors work fully in online play. Ive tested it out and it works perfectly:). Anyway, what i would like to be able to do is apply impact sounds through the properties of the lawdogs kactor. I know the replication code was taken from KCar, and was wandering if there is someone that could also implement the code into this class like it is for the vehicles. When the vehicle crashes there is an impact sound and if it scrapes along a wall then it produces a scraping sound. A rolling sound would be cool too, for barrels and stuff. Oh and would it be possible for the kactor to make a sound as it enters a water volume? This way it can produce a splashing sound (and even cooler maybe use an emitter to create a visual splash.). I think that most of this would be pretty easy for someone whoe knows what hes doing, considering the code is already floating around somewhere for the vehicles. But i did have another idea which would probably be much more difficult. This is to have the sound vary in volume depending on the force the KActor impacts. So if it falls a short distance then it will be a low volume, but from a great height it will play the sound at a higher volume. What im asking, is if there is someone that could implement these things into the lawdogs KActor. I think this could give some interesting results, and would be very cool in online games:) Thanx!

2. [SAS]Solid Snake

[SAS]Solid Snake New Member

Check the ragdoll code in xPawn, you can use the same principles to make sound for KActors as they impact things. As for the rest of it, you'll have to play with some code.