Justify your existence

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
FuLLBLeeD thinks I should ban all of you, so you had better prove that you are worthy of posting on these forums.

funkblast

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Aug 4, 2001
California
Visit site
Dear Moderator, if asking a question about tactics is considered trolling, please delete me.

I hear lots of talk about armed resistance, but little talk about who we are supposed to resist while armed.

The president and congress are well protected. Any armed resistance to be effective will require implementation. My question, which of course was meant satirically, was intended to get people to think about all this hyperbole.

Any armed revolution must decide who its enemies are and move ruthlessly against them. My point is that deciding who this enemy is and how they can and should be attacked is something the hyperbolists haven’t given any thought to.

But it’s quite likely some random idiot will get excited by the hyperbole and shoot somebody, thereby discrediting those of us still trying to defend our rights in a legal way. The media will jump all over such an event in a heartbeat.

funkblast

and all I got was
a pink username!
Aug 4, 2001
California
Visit site
Yes, absolutely, I wouldn't mind telling you the story. Erm... I went to court today for a speeding ticket, and I told the judge, erm... "Let me tell you something, and you listen and you listen good, I'm only gonna say this one time and one time only, I don't repeat myself for nobody," I said. I says... "I'm here to pay a speeding ticket, not to listen to your lectures and hear you run your mouth for an hour." I says "I'm here to pay off my speeding ticket ...and I'm here to get my fines out of the way and get the **** to work." The judge says "You can't talk like that in my courtroom, you're in contempt of court." then I said... I told the judge, "If that's the best you can do, I feel sorry for you." I said "Why don't you just shut your ****ing mouth for once and listen." I said "I'm not gonna take any ****." I said "I'm gonna pay my speeding ticket like I said." I walked up to the god damn judge and I hand him my 25 dollars and I says "Here's my money, now I am leaving."
And I left it at that.

funkblast

and all I got was
a pink username!
Aug 4, 2001
California
Visit site
Then, before I left, I turned around and told the judge "I'm here to state who I am and be honest with you." I said "If they thought I was dangerous on the road like you're trying to accuse me of, wouldn't they have taken my license when I first got it? Yes they would." And the judge says "Yeah, you have a point," He goes "You don't need to get loud," I said "Don't get loud?" I says "I've got every right to get loud." I says "You can't do a god damn thing about it, because I'm expressing myself in your court, and there is nothing you can do about it. You think you're god because you have a robe and you can put people up the goddamn river for 20 years? Well you're not."
And I left it at that.

funkblast

and all I got was
a pink username!
Aug 4, 2001
California
Visit site
I don't like the judicial system, I don't like the government system, I don't like the police, I don't like anything to do with this country's government. I just don't like it, because... they're sneaky, like I said - they're deceitful, they're lying, they're cheats, they rip people off. That's the American government for you. America is a third world country, and people don't recognise it... and I think that that's pretty god damn sad, that they don't recognise their own country as a third world, third rate, third class slum.

funkblast

and all I got was
a pink username!
Aug 4, 2001
California
Visit site
I own a high-powered assault rifle, I own a 12-gauge double barrel shotgun, I own a regular shotgun, I own a regular hunting rifle, I own a 9mm, a 357, a 45 handgun, a 38 special, and, erm... I own an m-16 fully automatic ground assault rifle...

funkblast

and all I got was
a pink username!
Aug 4, 2001
California
Visit site
Be prepared for anything at any time from anybody, don't take no ****, always stand your ground. People wanna come up to me and run their mouth - guess what? I'll throw them through the ****ing window... I won't think a thing of it.

funkblast

and all I got was
a pink username!
Aug 4, 2001
California
Visit site
There's an evil virus that's threatening mankind
It's not state of the art, it's a serious state of the mind
The muggers, the backstabbers, the two faced elite
A menace to society, a social disease
To brainwash the mind is a social disorder
The cynics, the apathy one-upmanship order
Watching beginnings of social decay
Gloating and sneering at life's disarray
Eating away at your own self esteem
Pouncing on every word that you might be saying
To attack someone's mind is a social disorder
The constitution, the government, martial law order
Superficially smiling a shake of the hand
As soon as your back is turned treason is planned
When every good thing's laid to rest
By the governments hate, by the constitution and their lies
And every time you think you're safe
And when you go to turn away
You know they're sharpening all their knives
All in your mind
All in your head
Try to relate it
All in your mind
All in your head
Try to escape it
Without a conscience they destroy
And that's a thing that they enjoy
They're a sickness that's in all of our minds
They want to sink the ship and leave
The way they laugh at you and me
You know it happens all the time
But it only happens in your mind
The rats in the cellar you know who you are...
Or do you?
Watching beginnings of social decay...

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
How bout I tell a story about what happens when you offer computer upgrade advice but don't actually do it yourself.

So my GF's hard drive died a couple days ago and she wanted to get up and computing again ASAP because she really needs her compy for her job (teaching online). Given that she:

Has an ancient computer which should probably have all its major parts replaced,
Is a struggling single mom without excess resources,
Already has all the peripherals she needs, and
Needs a solid, reliable machine because she uses it for work,

I built her a good bare-bones box from a website that puts them together with a couple better parts from newegg thrown in. Then I e-mailed her recommending she buy the following:

In the bare-bones build:

AMD Athlon II 3.0 Ghz Dual Core proc
Gigabyte mobo (onboard sound, video, etc)
DVD drive/burner
Standard power supply, basic case, etc.

Brand name parts from Newegg:

2 GB Corsair memory
250 GB Western Digital hard drive

Not too bad for $350, if I do say so myself. Obviously she can plug in the hard drive and memory stick herself no problem.

Fast foward to this morning. I have an e-mail from her saying she bought all the parts and it costed just less than $700. This seems a little strange in light of the aforementioned need for thrift and the fact that it's basically double what I suggested. After a bit of gmail chat, I find out what she actually went and bought (summary below):

From the bare-bones company:
1 bb-amd Barebones with AMD CPU
w/ AMD Phenom II X4 925 (4 x 2.8GHz - 8MB Cache - 4000 FSB)
Asus M3N78-VM
Upgraded CPU Fan Only
22x Lightscribe DVD+/-RW Drive (Sata)
Standard Mid-Tower (Black)
400 Watt Power Supply
Rush - Build, Burn-in, Test & Ship Out Within 3 Business Days
1 Year Manufacturers Repair / Replacement Warranty $338.55
1 plat-del Platinum Delivery Plan (Full Insurance - Heavier Packing -

On Time Guarantee) $6.75 $6.75
1 basicspkr Multimedia Speakers $19.99 $19.99

From Newegg:
1 x ($159.99) HD 2T|WD WD20EADS % - OEM
$159.99

1 x ($54.99) MEM 2G|CORS CM2X2048-6400C5 R - Retail
$54.99

1 x ($104.99) WIN HOME PREM 7 64-BIT ENG 1PK DSP - OEM
$104.99

A quad core proc, 2 terabyte hard drive, Windows 7, and she upgraded the mobo and DVD drive. Oh and some speakers. rofl. :rockon:

Unfortunately, the end of this story is less exciting... when my answer to the question "Is any of this necessary?" was "Uh... no, not really" she called and changed all her orders. :B

Last edited: