1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Just venting a little. No need to worry.

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by Smk_Fatality, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Smk_Fatality

Smk_Fatality *Smk*_Fatality

I dont understand why people abandoned jailbreak so quickly.
    I remember when severs were over crowed with lamas.
    Now its just not fun any more.
    Most of the veterans left to go play halo 2 and said screw ut.
    Hopefully we can get some if now all of them back so we can liven JB up again.
    Thats all i have to say about that.
    :)

2. MrBond

MrBond ZHP Founder

And you know what? That applies to everything UT, not just JailBreak. Many people have no sense of loyalty.

3. Hellscrag

Hellscrag UnrealSP'er

What is this, a cult?

People will play the game they prefer to play, and there's no reason to expect them to do otherwise. If UT really is better then they'll eventually return to it.

I'm "loyal" to the original Unreal, but that's because (a) it was something special and (b) I'm not particularly interested in getting into new games any more.

4. NeoNite

NeoNite Eternal sunshine

Times change, people change. New games are being released, most people switch to said games.
    That's the reality.

Have you tried posting this in the Jailbreak forum?
    And besides, with Jailbreak for ut2004 released.. there's isn't a fat chance JBIII will ever be restored to its fomer glory.

5. Predcaliber

Predcaliber One Day I'l Beat Lauke

I agree with that, its the truth.
    Why would most of the people play an 'old' game like UT if they found UT2k4 better?
    I may dont like it, but its understandable, new games are brought out, so people are going to play them.

Btw: Well I must say that if you didnt play UT for a couple of years, and you are going online you wont stand a chance :)

You will see that it mostly are only the hardcore UT-ers, or in some rare cases a Noob who bought UT just because UT2k4 cant run on their FamilyPC ;)

6. Smk_Fatality

Smk_Fatality *Smk*_Fatality

Hey guys, all of that is understandable.
    When new games come out everyone goes in to this manic stage and play till it cant be played anymore. Its true, people play UT'04 if there pc permits this.
    Its just those certain ones that i know well.
    They were in the making of a SP-Coop for JB and i found out they just said screw it.
    A 7 month project wasted. No previews, no sreenshots, nothing.
    17 of what i thought were the best players on the planet :lol: just said forget it.

I just had to vent out a little.

7. MrBond

MrBond ZHP Founder

That's just it, though. People who you think are die-hard are the first to give up and go for new stuff. Sickening.

8. GAMESOULjA

GAMESOULjA Sega Gamer From Na Pali