Just how popular am I?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Xiphon

Yours truly
Mar 1, 2005
Nowhere in particular
Till the other day, I considered myself to be fairly... *ahem* underground. Meaning, very little people knew me or my maps at all and I'm still background clutter.
I had a couple friends tell me that I'm a lot more well-known than I think I am, and I've spotted a few comments in my maps on Nali-City that say things like "i'm just starting to become a fan of yours" or "This is your best work yet" and that sort of thing.
I also am starting to notice servers playing my maps on UT2004 when I log on, I can usually spot at least 3 or 4.

So... this leads me to the question "just how well known am I?" cause I have no idea whatsoever...

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
In my opinion.....

As far as I'm concerned DM-Horizon is the best thing you've done. I've downloaded some of your maps because they look to have interesting concepts but the end results have been let down by construction or gameplay; or both.

Personally I'm not "following your career" but I believe that credit should be given when and where it's due. I'll take a look at anyone's mapping effort and try and give an honest response about what my opinion is.

The only problem being that, a lot of times, if your opinion is different from other comments you get flamed for it (at least around here you do). I am an FPS fan an downloading and commenting on maps is part of my gaming/hobby activity.

So, that being said, DM-Horizon is a good piece of work and will probably not get deleted from my hard-drive (at least not immediately or until such time as I need the space).

So keep up the good work.... keep mapping etc.

........and have a nice day.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
I wouldn't worry so much about how popular you are. Just concentrate on improving your mapping skills in as many aspects as you can, and let the community react however. Only taking in constructive criticizm and compliments. :)

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
You're a legend in your own mind. And that should be good enough for each of us. Lol.

Seriously, to quote Ammayhem,

"Only taking in constructive criticizm and compliments."

If you can do this, then you'll be a better mapper, and you won't have to wonder how popular you are because you'll know.

Um, am I popluar?

;)

happydeadguy

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Mar 1, 2005
You are a good mapper! that's all you need to be...(HORIZON)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Don't worry mate , somme guys on newground added you in their favority artist list

And there on nc3 , you got more than 3 reviews , and you started to map after me , you are beeter than me , you have no ending to everything and you ALWAYS finish all of your work .

Keep at it C. ;)

Note that when ppl play your maps online , most of them don't give a ........ of who made it , so don't waste your time entering that game and say ' i made this map' , one will say stfu , the other one will say ''what , i thought it was ryan!'' and the last one will change of subject.

Last edited:

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
Well, to give the straight forward answer
I don't know you at all.
Name rings a bell, and after looking through your maps I remember having encountered some of them before.
But don't sweat it, I usually live under a rock anyway.Therefor virtually nobody knows me either... I think.

Threads like these should get your popularity up a tad though, good work on that one :tup: