1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Just how low does your IQ have to be.......

Discussion in 'Other Stuff' started by Cat Fuzz, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Cat Fuzz

Cat Fuzz Qualthwar's Minion. Ph34r!

....to watch, enjoy and be a fan of professional "wrestling"? Hmmmm?

I was fliping through the channels and saw a fat, droopy, old Roddy Piper beating up on this young, buff dude. I mean, COME ON PEOPLE!! How stupid do you have to be? I'm guessing wrestling fans IQ's start as low as 95 and go down from there. This stuff is more fake than Pam Anderson boobs.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2005
  2. OO7MIKE

OO7MIKE Mr. Sexy

It's true, much of Pam Andersons boobs are fake however that does not change that they are boobs and they do give the illusion that they are real. It is only because of our education that we know otherwise.

Perhaps it is the same with wrestling. Its just another B quality scripted reality show. It's all for the drama.

3. Rukee

Rukee Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!

Watch 'Ultimate Fighting Challenge' on Spike TV, nothing fake there...bare knuckled fighting at it`s finest.

4. Rabid Wolf

Rabid Wolf Piano Man Ghost

I'm happy as long as rowdy isn't showing up in films anymore... :/

(plus, I guess there's not much of a pension system in pro wrestling, and maybe guys the caliber of hogan earned enough to retire, but I'm all together unsure if that's the case with second rankers like ole roddy piper...)

5. SpiritWalker

SpiritWalker Tattooed Beat Messiah / Prime Mover

UFC is not bare knuckle fighting

it's mixed martial arts.. I have been watching UFC since it used to travel around the country . The 3 or 4th event was here in Charlotte, and people were booing cause they thought it was fake...

6. SpiritWalker

There was a PPV just last night.. a 15 second knockout for the heavy weight title

7. Rukee

well, it`s about as close to bare knuckle as you`ll get and still fight professionally, the little knuckle gloves they do wear are thin as heck.

8. SpiritWalker

Bare Knuckels is more of a traditional boxing term. Granted some UFC fighters aren't true "martial artists", but they are not "boxers"

UFC Kicks A$$ no doubt

UFC.TV

I was fortunate enough to mee Chuck Liddel, that guy is great!!! and a kick ass fighter.. I would recommend any one rent/buy a DVD with a Chuck Liddel fight.. or for that Matter a Matt Hughes fight... both are well worth the money. Those guys just kick ass

9. Rukee

Traditional boxxing term?? Or a street term? I`ve never seen traditional boxxers box bare knuckled before.

10. SpiritWalker

really????

Shows that what I think of as common knowledge just isn't that common.

Here

http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~salc/D...ng Pathfinder_files/The Cyber Boxing Zone.htm

http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~salc/D...g Pathfinder_files/The Cyber Boxing Zone2.htm

From Bare-Knuckle to Gloves

For 50 years from the initiation of the Marquis of Queensberry rules both bare-knuckle and gloved boxing continued to be promoted. Prizefighting in general was viewed as a sport which attracted the criminal element and was only watched by the lower class. The truth was spectators wagered on the outcome of bouts and fans came from all walks of life. John L. Sullivan had fought and won the last sanctioned bare-knuckle fight in 1889 against Jake Kilrain and from this time on, bare-knuckle boxing would never be the same.

Bare-knuckle boxing continued however fights were no longer sanctioned and it slowly faded away from the public eye. In the early 1900’s, boxing had yet to be legalized in many parts of the United States. In 1920 however, New York passed the Walker Law which permitted public prizefighting. Soon other states followed suit and boxing entered its golden age. Gentleman Jim Corbett demonstrated his excellent boxing skills, Jack Johnson and Gene Tunney showcased their defensive prowess, Jack Dempsey displayed an unmatched ferocity and Joe Louis and Rocky Marciano knocked people out. For the first half of the 20th century boxing enjoyed an unparalleled growth spurt. During this era, fighters would travel from city to city, often week-to-week, challenging others and earning whatever money they could. These were the days when fighters truly had to pay their dues to get the opportunity to fight for a title.

11. Rukee

I was thinking more along todays terms then over a century ago.
    Of course fighting started out bare knuckled.
    *edit* so, yes it would be considered a traditional boxxing term

Last edited: Oct 8, 2005
  12. SpiritWalker

ok.. think today.. bare knuckle is a term for traditional boxing.. boxing started a long time ago, does that mean that the term no longer applies?

Does "gay" no longer mean "happy, joyful"?

13. Rukee

whoops, I didn`t edit fast enough. :eek:

14. militaryspetproject

militaryspetproject Kissy!

crap how did this thread turn into a rukee vs spirit walker thread... I swear SW can you let anything go. Always some snide comment to what rukee has said. FFS its like you just wait for him to post so you can contradict what ever he has posted.

15. Nebel

Nebel Aloof

They should have a wrestling match on pay-per-view.

16. SpiritWalker

It would be better if it was full contact fighting.

MPP - I never insulted him once (or twice) in this thread. Most of the flame wars come from him giving poor/wrong information regarding networking, and even then I don't insult him until he proves that he can't/won't listen. Why should I let something go when I am being told that I am wrong.. when I am not? Letting someone claim you are making a mistake, and the claim is a mistake is just plain silly. If you don't care enough to stand up for what you belive in, the comments you make, then why make them? And trust me on this.. I don't sit around and wait for him to post.. I just see errrors in his postings and make the correction.

oh and btw.. to loosely quote one of my favorite groups...

"it's SpiritWalker not spirit walker, if your going to quote the SW get yer **** correct."

and if you think that's a flame, then your mistaken, check out old school Public Enemy.

17. Rukee

what part of 'let it go' don`t you get??

"Most of the flame wars come from him giving poor/wrong information regarding networking, and even then I don't insult him until he proves that he can't/won't listen. Why should I let something go when I am being told that I am wrong.. when I am not?"

You were wrong dude, that`s what brought all this on, you seem to keep forgeting what this was all about, remember, you said you could fix my computer through RA and then when you transfered those files called 'hacker stuff' without my knowing it, and I asked 'did you did anything' cause my MB was failing, and you took the big crap-ola and ever sence had the tude. At least get it right what your holding the grudge over. :rolleyes:

18. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

I'm guessing that ultimate fighting challenge is similar to "fight club" which is an all styles fighting show on tv here. Pretty entertaining.

WWF on the other hand or whatever they call themself now is boring as hell... and didn't roddy retire some years ao? :eek:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2005
  19. SpiritWalker

here we go....

I TOLD you I was transferring those files. They are called hacker stuff because some of the best tools in the world for network monitioring are considered "hacking".

And what the hell could I do to to cause a physical problem with your motherboard? You were watching what I was doing. You are such a fool....

Your a fool about networking, your a fool about 80% of the "advise" you hand out. You naturally assume that you know what a person should be doing to boost their computers speed, with out knowing what they are doing with the computer.
    Did you see Batman Begins? Remember the scene where Bruce's childhood friend finds out that Bruce was going to try and shoot Joe Chill... remember how she smacks him.. once for being so offended by the thought of her friend thinking that way, and another because he was being so freaking stupid...

You need to hire someone to do that for you first thing in the morning every day and twice on holidays...

If you were smacked 2 times before your feet hit the floor every morning, you might not be as stupid as you are.

MAYBE!!

don't know.. I seem to remember her talking to me.. not you. Maybe you should learn to sit back and let adults talk.

I never insulted you once (or twice) in this thread. Most of the flame wars come from you giving poor/wrong information regarding networking, and even then I don't insult you until he proves that he can't/won't listen. Why should I let something go when I am being told that I am wrong.. when I am not? Letting you claim that I making a mistake, and the claim is a mistake in and of it's self, is just plain silly. If you don't care enough to stand up for what you belive in, the comments you make, then why make them? And trust me on this.. I don't sit around and wait for him to post.. I just see errrors in your postings (on threads that I care about) and make the correction.

20. SpiritWalker

AND....

If someone wants to think that you are more knowledable in networking/security than I, let them speak now and I will head the hell out the door. I would be willing to go with a majority rule decision...

I am one of the better ones here..

If someone here thinks that I am lying.. let them speak now..

I am soo tired of seeing your whinning posts

"you don't understand".. "tweaking is life".. "please somone pay attention to me"....

You have been proven wrong time and time again.. You argue a minute point of a thread, ignoring the larger topic, and yet you fail to even try to fix your own spelling. Such a fool.

You most likely didn't get laid until you had a 20 to give your sister. And that you had to borrow from her I bet... I bet you were the guy in school that was always picked last for a team, or had to ask multi girls out to a dance...

Christ.. I have never come across ANYONE on ANY forum that so much more needs a blanket party.