Just got in on the Bitcoin game. Anyone mining them?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
considering the jump in the past week I'm thinking of switching over. I'm also thinking of selling out and having done with it just because there is currently no nice way for people in the UK to get real money out.

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
I got .05 btc 4 or 5 years ago when there were websites giving it out free for getting a wallet through them. No matter what, my ROI is infinite.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
considering the jump in the past week I'm thinking of switching over. I'm also thinking of selling out and having done with it just because there is currently no nice way for people in the UK to get real money out.

What’s going on in The UK that’s preventing it?

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
My issue is, my bank charges me £10 (about $13) to transfer money to coinbase which is a little bit of a kick in the teeth. I did however get my free Bitcoin Cash this week so I'm thinking of leaving that and seeing if it gets to the £12k heights of Bitcoin next year.

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
Yeah, they are worthless. You better just give them all to me.:D

How much do you get in a week of mining coin wise? I'm curious if I should start doing this.
I started on the first, dual mining ETH with DCR.

So far I have made $47 off the ETH. The DCR amount is low, but it's a side hustle.
If you have a 1070, I would go for it.
If you have a 1080, probably not.
If you have a 1080 Ti (like me) I would go for it, or try ZCash.

Reactions: BillyBadAss

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
My issue is, my bank charges me £10 (about $13) to transfer money to coinbase which is a little bit of a kick in the teeth. I did however get my free Bitcoin Cash this week so I'm thinking of leaving that and seeing if it gets to the £12k heights of Bitcoin next year.

I don't trust Bitcoin Cash. Last week trading got haulted for insider trading on Coinbase by them. They do lots of dodgy shit to try and confuse the newbs into thinking BCH is actually Bitcoin. They also pump and dump their own currency to profit. This video pretty much says everything that's wrong with Roger Ver and his Bcash scam.

I started on the first, dual mining ETH with DCR.

So far I have made $47 off the ETH. The DCR amount is low, but it's a side hustle.
If you have a 1070, I would go for it.
If you have a 1080, probably not.
If you have a 1080 Ti (like me) I would go for it, or try ZCash.

Nice! I doubt I will mine anything myself. Since the beginning of November I've made $1121.49 through the mining service I use. Pretty sweet deal.

Edit:

To be clear; I made $1121.49 extra in just bitcoins. I've tripled my money over a month or so.

Last edited: