1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Just got in on the Bitcoin game. Anyone mining them?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BillyBadAss, Nov 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BillyBadAss

BillyBadAss Strong Cock of The North

So I just got in the Bitcoin thing. I got paid US$1000 for a photo of mine that was stolen, so I figured it was money for nothing, so why not bit it in bitcoin since it is hot right now and only going up. Some friends of mine have been using this mining service since June. The way it works is your buy mining contracts called "packages." It works like a bank selling you CDs. You buy the packages. This gives the service bitcoin to trade and they guarantee you 140% back on your capital. That with the value of bitcoin on the rise quickly I figured I would put it all in and see what happens.

The plan is to keep dumping it all back in for a year or two or until the market reaches a solid plateau due to mass adoption. I don't see that happening in the first year, but maybe in two. It seems like a fun experiment, so fuck it. It was money for nothing.

If you have Bitcoin and it's just sitting you should try mining it so it makes you more. The neat thing about this service is it rewards commission. If you get other people to sign up under you, you get 10% commission on what ever they buy. You get $20 or some shit for them just signing up.

If this doesn't sound interesting to you guys, then ignore it, but I've known you guys for a while, so if you want to try something interesting then sign up here for the mining account. You will first need a wallet account if you don't have one, but there are a ton of those. I think Coinbase is the most popular in The U.S. I'm not sure for Europe.

The screenshot here is a year to date on the climb of Bitcoin right now. Pretty fucking incredible.

Keep in mind none of us are going to get rich, but this could earn you extra spending money.

If the admins don't like this than feel free to take it down.

Attached Files:

2. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

I have 0.0433 BTC which worth about $300 currently. Its gone up almost double since September

BillyBadAss likes this.
  3. BillyBadAss

Yeah, I guess there is some drama going on right now over Bitcoin Cash (not to be confused with Bitcoin. two separate currencies) being hyped and inflated by Roger Ver (Bitcoin Cash is a new coin he helped create) and a few other major players saying Bitcoin Cash is the new hot shit, but I doubt it will be the same place it is now in a month's time.

If I was you I would mine those coin. It pays out every day about 1%. It's easy money for doing nothing. I've currenly got 0.1343 BTC and I started mining with 0.1088 BTC on Thursday. I'm really digging it so far. Join me bro!

4. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

Thanks for that link. I will be interested to see how this whole deal works.

5. BillyBadAss

The quick and simple explanation is it works like Certificates of Deposits at a bank. You buy "packages" which are the CDs. They run for 140 days and you get back 140% of your capital. They pay out 1% a day. Sometimes less if Bitcoin dips, but they just add days in that case to make sure you get your 140%.

If you invite people like I did via a personal link you get 10% commission on whatever they buy always. Then 3% on anything somebody else they invited buys. It's clearly a pyramid system, but you aren't buying from anyone, so it's not a scam. You just benefit from the people below you, so it encourages you to get people to join.

You don't have to invite anyone and it still makes you money. I'm digging it so far.

6. Hunter

Cashed out yesterday due to the massive drop seen this weekend, going to see what happens and reinvest before it rises, if it does.

7. BillyBadAss

It was because of the Bitcoin Cash bubble. It's going to go back up. People are dumping Bitcoin Cash for Bitcoin, so you might want to buy back in.

8. Hunter

I went back in this morning

BillyBadAss likes this.
  9. Manticore

Yeah; I had a look at the Bitcoin Mining website. It seems complex at first and they talk about buying their gear to do it with.

If I did do it I would be doing it on a separate computer.

I have a spare tower in the shed (64 bit architecture) that I've been meaning to Frankenstein into a Windows 7 system. That way I could run it 24/7 on the network here without the whole mining process interfering with my gaming or business tech.

Must look into this cloud mining stuff too.

This isn't the only forum where I seen Bitcoin Mining surface in the past couple of weeks... must be a thing now.

10. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

Regarding the stolen photo, used as a cd cover for a band from New Zealand iirc? How did you win that case?

11. gopostal

gopostal Active Member

I mined them for a little while. Then I shut down the UFC feed.

Jokes aside, do you guys see this hijacked mining thing as something that will likely continue?

12. Hunter

Probably not, as it gets harder to mine actual coins they won't get enough CPU time from browsers etc and as browsers get better at blocking malicious content vendors will end up blocking it.

13. BillyBadAss

If you are going to mine you should mine really new coins because they yield way more coins than Bitcoin does. Then trade those coins for Bitcoin because Bitcoin is going to the moon these days.

I can't talk about it.;)

They aren't mining BTC. They are paying miners with my bitcoin to mine new currencies and then paying me out in BTC. New currencies don't take much power to get a lot of coins.

This is a pretty neat video that answers a lot of questions people have been having about bitcoin.

This is good too.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  14. Hunter

I keep thinking about investing some savings in to BTC but I don't want to gamble just yet although I'd have seen some sizeable returns.

15. My_Oozing_Eye|PuF

My_Oozing_Eye|PuF The Original Brother Ooze!

P O N Z I

Do what you want with your money... but when it sounds to good to be true, it is.

16. BillyBadAss

Maybe it is, maybe it's not. That's why you don't put in more than you can afford to lose. Lots of people are making life changing money in this and I don't see it going away anytime soon. It's really far away from mass adoption yet, so if you are in now the amount you hold will really go up in value. More and more websites are accepting it. Some guy on Youtube just bought a house paid in full with Bitcoin. (no cash conversion) If the bubble is going to pop, it's going to happen more than a year or so away. At the rate the value is going up due to people buying up bitcoin, there is still a long way to go before anything negative happens. (if it does) If you dump your life savings into this I think that is stupid, but I would say the same thing if you were buying futures from a bank in the stock market. Never go all in on anything.

17. Manticore

https://www.thestar.com/business/we...er-large-bitcoin-exchange-draws-warnings.html

18. Hunter

SO much for $10k in 2018. Still like that I've made almost $300 since September on $163 dollars

BillyBadAss likes this.
  19. BillyBadAss

That's a known bad exchange for a long time. People that were still doing business there were foolish.

Nice! I've nearly doubled my money. If this keeps up into tomorrow it will be doubled for sure. I just got into this on the 12th.

20. Manticore

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Cheers!