1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Just got 2 new books in the mail...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Thrash123, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Thrash123

Thrash123 Obey Leash Laws

The Language Police, by Diane Ravitch - It's a look at pressure groups and censorship, and what it does to students' learning in the school.

The Art of Deception: Controlling the human element of security, by Keven D. Mitnick (Yay!) - Essentially this book is on social engineering, but from what I understand it doesn't really teach you how, but it teaches you how to protect from it. It's also supposed to be a good laugh with some of the stories in there :)

I'm going to start with the Art of Deception, I'll let you guys know what I think of it later.

2. SugarBear

SugarBear Sadly Un-Surreal

You gotta let us know about language police too, I want that book pretty bad, but I have so much other stuff to read right now.