Just another idea

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
I heard that you guys were making this mod to be something like counterstrike, is this true??? If it is, then make it like cstrike, otherwise, make it like fukin cstrike, cause cstrike is the best fukin mod out there, and UT needs a mod like it. Anybody that agrees give me a FUK YEA!!!! and email me!!!!

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
I think this child is lost. He thinks he is still in a CS forum. Should we send him home?

Things that you have done wrong:
1. No one here speaks this way, they don't swear for the hell of it.
2. No one demands what should be done, we suggest in a rational way.
3. No one says that we should copy and other mod out there. It is done by people who are not stable enough to handle variaty. Whould it be cool if every year, the only new game would be UT, nothing new, same levels, same weapons, but a different box. No it wouldn't.

There, I'm done. Just observe how things are run around here, do things how they're supposed to be done, and you will be accepted here. But until then, learn some manner, child.

------------------
What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?!!
Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough
attention when you were a child?!!!
*BANG* -FMJ

Well, those are some breathtaking replies, but I didn't mention that we should make an exact copy at all. I'm just saying that Gooseman & Cliffe had the right idea when they decided to make a mod. If you want to try to make this mod better than cstrike, then that idea is in the far horizon at this point. Though I can't say you don't have one kik ass mod here though. Keep up the good work.

DeadeyeDan[ToA]

de oppresso liber
Mar 2, 2000
Tucson, AZ, US
www.clantoa.com
In *your* opinion, it IS in the far horizon...

In mine they are about equal now, and 2.8 will leave CS in the dust, 3.0 will blow it out of the water. Some parts of CS are completely unrealistic, and if INF tried to emulate CS instead of going for what's in the roadmap, I'd be really pissed.

Catalyst

science begets death
Jul 18, 1999
CA, USA
For the record, we really don't care about Counter-Strike. We know Gooseman is an extremely talented guy, and he's definitely hit a niche in the Half-Life market. We appreciate people trying to give us advice on hitting a larger audience by being more like CS, but truthfully that's what we don't want to be like. We want our own identity whatever that may be. Obviously there are going to be similarities due to the fact of the similar genre. I think I've have played Counter-Strike about 2 times, and yes it is a good game, we're not denying that. And maybe we'll never ever be as good as CS. But I don't think that's really the point here. We just want to make a fun mod that takes UT in a new light. Everyone here is into military stuff, they like watching the mod grow, they like the community. Ask anyone here and they'll tell you they prefer this community to CS's. Be it maturity or whatever, I think we draw a better crowd. I don't know why, but we do (maybe it's all the hazing the guys on this board do /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif ). And that's cool. So if you're looking to have a good time with your friends, go play Counter-Strike. If you want to make some friends and see how mods like us grow and develop, then check in here from time to time. Just don't suggest we be more like mod X or mod Y. We have our own plan, and we like it to set us apart, to make us a little bit more interesting than the other guy. That's why we do it. It's fun.

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
Changing your name to something a little more pleasant would be a good start. FukOffnDie just doesn't make people want to jump up and embrace your ideas and opinions. How about IwantToBeYourFriend or IlikePeople or ImAniceGuy. you know something like that.

For example the T in my name stands for Tender-hearted /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

INF_Neo

Infiltration Sound Engineer
Nov 30, 1999
Heidelberg, Germany
Visit site
sounds like brain-washing...

nono, I told you to be nice to this men! Be polite or you'll go back into your cell.

But if you want to come back, I really suggest you change your name.

[This message has been edited by INF_Neo (edited 03-20-2000).]

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
I used to love CS 'cept for one fatal flaw: no bot support. All I had was a dusty old 28.8kbps modem, so multi-player games were pretty much out of the question (especially in CS's one-shot one-kill style of play). Personally, I think Infiltration is gonna' kick CS square in the nuts. The weapons and skins already look on par with CS, and with the addition of bots, I can finally shoot at some moving targets.

Keep in mind that CS has been out for a while. What's it at now? Beta 6.0? 6.1? Anyone remember Beta 1.0? I do. The only thing it had going for it were incredibly detailed weapons, and not many of them at that (if I remeber correctly, CS 1.0 only had 5 or 6 weapons total). My point is, CS has had a *long* time to mature and evolve, so why don't you cut the Infiltration guys some slack. They'll make a name for themselves, just like Gooseman and Cliffe did, without having to resort to outright copying.

-Keiichi

P.S. Sorry about the rant, but I get kinda' defensive when people talk trash about Infiltration.

[This message has been edited by Keiichi (edited 03-20-2000).]