just a few pics...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
to get things straight, if there is anything wrong with using that decopack i'll remove it asap. i would like to use it, but im also willing to replace it if you don't want me to use it yet. the file is placed in my inf system folder which means it must have come with one of our beta updates, i just haven't noticed it before and thought it was an standart 2.9 pack. :)

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
its an m2hb with an different model, rof, sounds... you can setup basicly anything within the actor properties and the standart m2hb doesn't have any animations at all, anything is done by the settings there as well.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
No I have no problem with you using these decos. It's just that I've modified the pack recently and I don't want version mismatches. I've sent you a link to the latest version.

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
i noticed the way to the extractionpoint was a bit short when destroing the antenna, so i did what i have to do, i made the map bigger. say hello to the new southern city part which will lead to the extractionarea. the only access to this part of the city is located in the southwest, giving the atackers an other rweason not to lose controll over their spawnpoints in this area :)

considering i wanted to do a simple king of the hill style mission first its quite far from beeing finished though :D

Attachments

• Shot0025.jpg
    Shot0025.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Shot0030.jpg
    Shot0030.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Shot0031.jpg
    Shot0031.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Shot0032.jpg
    Shot0032.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Shot0033.jpg
    Shot0033.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 42

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
fist_mlrs said:
i noticed the way to the extractionpoint was a bit short when destroing the antenna, so i did what i have to do, i made the map bigger. say hello to the new southern city part which will lead to the extractionarea. the only access to this part of the city is located in the southwest, giving the atackers an other rweason not to lose controll over their spawnpoints in this area :)

considering i wanted to do a simple king of the hill style mission first its quite far from beeing finished though :D

I think I've asked before, but do you do anything particular to avoid BSP errors? Or just the usual stuff listed on UnrealWiki, etc...? This BSP on this map seems, well, complicated... :)

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
i try not to think about the bsp until i consider the map finished so far. you just can't prevent it, there will allways be errors. the strange thing is that the way i constructed this map seems to be much easier on the engine then my other maps as there are no big surfaces with lots of cuts. every part of the street, every building is made of a new brush wich results in a more natural layout and a minimum of cuts. when i look at my other maps like baghdad or venture the primary problem causing bsp were large surfaces and / or not that large multiple planar faces being cut by other brushes. of curse i get bsp errors in this map as well, but there is only one region creating an death zone from time to time and very few homs while in other maps sometimes half of the map disapered or was filled with invisible walls. that were maps i realy paid a lot of atention on to get clean brushwork (even if dekker will tell you different stuff :p) while in kasbah i didn't care at all what happens in areas the player doesn't see. building not clean at all seems to work better for me then the usuall carefull brushwork did

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
fist_mlrs said:
i try not to think about the bsp until i consider the map finished so far. you just can't prevent it, there will allways be errors. the strange thing is that the way i constructed this map seems to be much easier on the engine then my other maps as there are no big surfaces with lots of cuts. every part of the street, every building is made of a new brush wich results in a more natural layout and a minimum of cuts. when i look at my other maps like baghdad or venture the primary problem causing bsp were large surfaces and / or not that large multiple planar faces being cut by other brushes. of curse i get bsp errors in this map as well, but there is only one region creating an death zone from time to time and very few homs while in other maps sometimes half of the map disapered or was filled with invisible walls. that were maps i realy paid a lot of atention on to get clean brushwork (even if dekker will tell you different stuff :p) while in kasbah i didn't care at all what happens in areas the player doesn't see. building not clean at all seems to work better for me then the usuall carefull brushwork did

Cool. That's interesting to know. Glad you got lucky this time :)

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
This is looking better and better. Good stuff, methinks this will be a lot of fun online.

EDIT: Woop, you're humping the wrong person. ;)

Last edited:

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
almost finished. whats left to do is finish the eas goals and redo the lightning, so i think i should be able to finish it somewhen this week :)

Attachments

• Shot0041.jpg
    Shot0041.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Shot0043.jpg
    Shot0043.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Shot0045.jpg
    Shot0045.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 30

ZIRB

Inhuman
Feb 24, 2001
Sweden
www.zirbaction.go.to
Please excuse this will be a bit Off-topic but I just have to say what a monstrous super nice quality on the screenshots! :eek: You people with real gaming machines really live in another gaming universe than me who have a Mac from 2001 with 16mb ATI-graphics card....

I really hope I can get a fat gaming pc soon too...

ABOUT THE MAP: It looks REALLY great! Wanna play it NOW!

Last edited:

Cleeus[JgKdo]

because respawns suck
Jun 8, 2002
Germany
www.cleeus.de
ZIRB said:
Please excuse this will be a bit Off-topic but I just have to say what a monstrous super nice quality on the screenshots!

hahaa, even Fist himself doesn't know how good his textures can look, they are blured in the distance on his machine.
This one is from mine. :D :cool: :p :)

Attachments

• kasbah_quality.jpg
    kasbah_quality.jpg
    475.7 KB · Views: 30