1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jumppad's boing sound.

Discussion in 'Level Editing - Advanced' started by StoneViper, Nov 28, 2001.

1. StoneViper

StoneViper you can call me Mike

i have a kicker used to make people bounce up to a platform. I copied DM-Morpheus's way of making the jumping sound exactly. I can't figure out why mine doesn't make a sound, and morpheus's did.

the trigger's event= specialevent's tag

the trigger is a standard trigger just like in morpheus, the specialevent houses the sound.

2. Hourences

Hourences New Member

properties special event
    object
    state or something = playsoundeffect

you done that ?

3. StoneViper

Y E S ! ! !

It worked, thanx much

4. Chrysaor

Chrysaor Lord of the Pants

You know what's creepy? I learned to do the EXACT same thing today. You know how? I looked at HOURENCES map. How weird is that? eh, creepy i know :B

5. Lord Dill

Lord Dill New Member

why not use the jumppad.u file that makes the bots use the jumppads correctly and has a sound effect option in it.

I know DM-Tuesday has it and ive used it in one of my levels... if you really want the file i could post it.

6. StoneViper

i try to build maps without external files. I have it working now. But are you saying bots don't use them correctly in the game, that i need that .u file? That is the only way to the flag is by use of jumppads.

7. Chrysaor

Chrysaor Lord of the Pants

that sounds like a problem :)

/me plays doctor and prescribes that .u file :D

Maybe u could rewrite the script and save it as MyLevel stuff?

8. StoneViper

I could, but i'm going to wait for Lord Dill to diagnose the bots problem. If they do play better using the .u, then ill use it, otherwise, i have something that works now.