Joy stick axis programing for rudder

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lothaar

Nov 30, 1999
Austin Texas USA
Visit site
I am having trouble asigning my rudder axis to srtafe. I have edited files for other FPS like kingpin, but the commands are different for UT. I can get to the console and the advanced option menu. I am thinking that I just need to put a line in the console like Axis rStrafe Speed=-300.0 or something. I can not figure it out and I can not find a webpage that has specifics on console commands for the asigning of an axis. I have heard that a mose set up is better but I love my stick and I need to be able to strafe with the rudder.

Please help

Thanx in advance

Lothaar

Nerf Crotchbat

Nov 29, 1999
Mt. Pleasant, MI US
As a former joystick user, I feel your pain. I was once in love with my Logitech Wingman Warrior. If you don't know, that was the first joystick designed for FPS games. It has a big red 360degree spinner knob on it that works fantastic for turning, and the stick side to side is for strafing. This was great for Doom and pretty good for Duke Nukem 3D, and almost good enough for Quake. But....2 problems... 1. Logitech doesn't really support it since they discontinued it, so the software isn't updated, and 2. For newer games like Quake2 and Unreal engine games, the hat switch just isn't precise enough for the look up/down movements, it's too jerky and you have no control over it. After getting my *** kicked repeatedly in Q2, I switched to the best control you can get - keyboard and the Logitech Trackman Marble FX trackball. This trackball is just fantastic! It is so fluid and precise I can't imagine playing without it. It's not snobbery(?) when gamers say the mouse/keyboard is the best set up, it's what the games were programed to play with. Try it, practice it, you'll see. (Save the stick for lots of other games though!)have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.