Joining the Lockdown

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TwelveBaud

Registered Loser
Feb 29, 2004
McLean, VA, US
twelvebaud.is-a-geek.net
Today I looked at the server stats, and during the Lockdown I saw over 16 human players, including some from my side of the Puddle as well as some on the other side. I started UT, but then killed it realizing that someone was browsing these forums and therefore my hard drive would not be available until at least 3 minutes after they stopped (my fault, my sig rapes my hard disk) and so I could not play.

warn.png

However, I may participate in the Lockdown on April 11 and will on April 18. My rig is a 1.1GHz Celeron on a 100MHz bus with 64 meg of RAM. I will be running Unreal Tournament 436, Debug build, using the Managed DirectX 9 Debug-mode driver. I will have precached UWindows, Botpack, and MapVote prior to joining the Mothership. I am running off a fiber optic line into the UUNet backbone, so my ping should be around 50. Please reply with impunity if you desire that I not attend, and explain why (i.e. lag, RAM, CPU, debug stuff, nationality). Thanks.

Bathory

stay negative
Mar 11, 2003
Visit site
Yup Angie, I agree....... spoo you soon on the mothership and not just on Lockdown ;) ( that technical stuff is a lot of abracadabra :D )

Boost

Dragon Lady
Apr 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
It will be nice to have you on the lockdown but I have already played with you on the mothership a few times. The lockdown can be busy at times, so be there in time if you want to join. :D

Trueblood

Silly Brit
Jan 19, 2003
Brighton, UK
www.yourass.com
TwelveBaud said:
I started UT, but then killed it realizing that someone was browsing these forums and therefore my hard drive would not be available until at least 3 minutes after they stopped (my fault, my sig rapes my hard disk) and so I could not play.
Hey KingArther, me thinks you should take down that part of your sig if it brings down your system. Anyway the server gets used around the same time pretty much everynight......i say every"night" cos most of us are in europe ;) (probably about 2pm for you somewhere, right? )

TwelveBaud said:
Please reply with impunity if you desire that I not attend, and explain why (i.e. lag, RAM, CPU, debug stuff, nationality). Thanks.
When you get on server, read the rules (heh...as if) nuff said :biggrin2:

TwelveBaud

Registered Loser
Feb 29, 2004
McLean, VA, US
twelvebaud.is-a-geek.net
Trueblood said:
Hey KingArther, me thinks you should take down that part of your sig if it brings down your system.
Well, okay. Next visit. If I remember. :D
Trueblood said:
Anyway the server gets used around the same time pretty much everynight......i say every"night" cos most of us are in europe ;) (probably about 2pm for you somewhere, right? )
3pm, EST.
Trueblood said:
When you get on server, read the rules (heh...as if) nuff said :biggrin2:
Well.... then I'd have to load UWindows, read the rules, load Botpack or UMenu or whatever when clicking close, and all the time Tarquin would be spamming hot flakkie into me while one of the canines would be giving me headshots :shake:... I'll behave. It's just if you think my setup is too slow/buggy to be allowed on during a scheduled game, tell me now so I can limit myself to thursdays and fridays.