John Edwards

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I shouldn't have to tell you what this thread is about, but just in case you're living under a rock John Edwards has publically admitted to having an affair.

How much more of a douchebag can you be? His wife was dieing of cancer, and he's out cheating on her? I can't believe this guy was a top tier candidate for president.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Let's look at it from the opposite side: Which former or current American president doesn't have any skeletons in his closet?

To add to this, what politician of any kinda hasnt had an affair, swindled, lied, etc etc.

And of course this will be all over the news for the next 2 weeks because for some reason we give a **** about these people.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I think we should care about any time that our public servants are committing immoral acts such as this. Stuff like this happens and people say "meh who cares" and then we wander about wondering why our government is so corrupt?

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Newsflash: Government is NEVER to be trusted to do anything. The only thing you can do with government officials/agents is watch what they do as a government official/agent and make sure they do their job properly.

Anyway, he's not even relevant anymore. He got kicked out of his office for not doing his job.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I think we should care about any time that our public servants are committing immoral acts such as this. Stuff like this happens and people say "meh who cares" and then we wander about wondering why our government is so corrupt?

Considering that a large number of presidents (including essentially every "great" president) has had an extra-marital affair, you're getting your panties in a twist over nothing.

Because of absolutely worthless and bullcrap arguments like the one you're putting forward, people forget about ACTUAL ISSUES and instead concentrate on the things that have absolutely no impact on anyone else. An affair is something that doesn't concern anyone other than the parties involved so keep your nose out of other people's business and let's focus instead on how to turn around our economy, OK?

~Jason

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
How much more of a douchebag can you be? His wife was dieing of cancer, and he's out cheating on her? I can't believe this guy was a top tier candidate for president.

Unfortunately it has nothing to do with being a douchebag or not.

This is just the male condition. We're wired to spread our seed. Modern societal constrains do their best to keep us in check by inventing marriage but it will never beat out nature.

Most all men have, and will always cheat (to some degree) on their partners (married or not) at some point in their lives. Nothing will stop it and it doesn't necessarily mean you're a douche. If anything it just reveals your level of self control.

As for him being a presidential candidate, this carries even less meaning.

Men of power are much more temped to seek affairs than the common man. It reinforces their position. Pretty much any politician is especially guilty.

What it comes down to is who gets caught and who gets away with it.

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
Nothing will stop it and it doesn't necessarily mean you're a douche. If anything it just reveals your level of self control.

wrong. my dick's attached to me, NOT the other way round.

like you said, self control. if you havn't got any then you have a problem.
If you can't respect the person you proport to love and honour then you have a problem.

Its all well blaming nature but evolution has granted us self control.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
TWD said:
I think we should care about any time that our public servants are committing immoral acts such as this.
Are bribery, corruption, decisions that are supposed to be made serving the public but really serve ones own interests, lying, etc. immoral acts? If the answer is yes there's tons of immoral acts out there that are a skyscraper or two higher on the priority list than this.

This is just the male condition.
Not limited to males.

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.

Then some of us tend to turn to other things to get our minds off of things like this, and then it becomes and endless cycle.

TomWithTheWeather

Die Paper Robots!
May 8, 2001
Dallas TX
tomwiththeweather.blogspot.com
Yeah, it's not good to cheat on your wife, but I don't see that as a huge issue in the realm of politics. Politicians from both/all parties have always cheated.

It only becomes a big issue when you get busted after years of making a career out of legislating for all that "family values" bull****, like Larry Craig.

TomWithTheWeather

Die Paper Robots!
May 8, 2001
Dallas TX
tomwiththeweather.blogspot.com
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Mccain cheat on his first crippled wife with the woman he is now married to?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1024927/The-wife-John-McCain-callously-left-behind.html

I'm not sure if he actually cheated, I think he may have just left her after her accident, some say because she wasn't pretty anymore.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain

"Having been rehabilitated, by late 1974, McCain had his flight status reinstated, and in 1976 he became commanding officer of a training squadron stationed in Florida.[54][56] He turned around an undistinguished unit and won the squadron its first Meritorious Unit Commendation.[55] During this period in Florida, McCain had extramarital affairs, the McCains' marriage began to falter, and he would later accept blame.[57][58]"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cenk-uygur/why-doesnt-john-mccains-a_b_117811.html - I like this guy's take on it.

Last edited: