JB2003 beta testing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Corran

Danger Mouse
Mar 10, 2003
Portsmouth, England
planetunreal.com
I guess you may be getting quite close to a beta version of JB2003 by now. And I was wondering, how are you going to go about beta testing it? Is it going to be done entirely by the team, or are community members going to be chosen, or will we be able to sign up?

If I remember correctly for JB]I[ you had a signupable beta test. Just wondering what you're planning.

Mychaeel

Since I'm pretty strict in defining "beta" as "feature-complete," we're still in alpha stage currently -- but testing is indeed already being done on the current alpha versions (and everybody's busy fixing bugs).

I guess we'll announce the start of beta testing when the time comes.

Katana

Shock Whore!
May 17, 2003
Visit site
Damn, Mych, you really are alive :D
Do you need to know UScript or anything like that to be able to beta test?

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Katana said:
Do you need to know UScript or anything like that to be able to beta test?

No, you just need a good eye for finding errors and patience.

As Mychaeel said, we're still in alpha stage at the moment so none of the maps we have done could be considered finished. We're still adding features as they are coded.

croinch

Demon
Jul 26, 2003
0x241ff50
free.7host06.com
I'll be a betatester if anyone wants me to, I tend to find errors in everything these days and also have so much spare time that I have resorted to making an Instant Messaging program in Java :-/
Also, I have UT2003, which I imagine helps :p