1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JB - The Movie

Discussion in 'Jailbreak General' started by Ikkuh, Feb 28, 2006.

1. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

Unless the video is a really small size a matinee is going into be smaller.
    a matinee is also going to be much better quality. Its essentially a map with some code that tells the game to render it as the rest of the game. SO you'd would want high res video to compare with that, which is going to be a large filesize.

2. Ikkuh

Ikkuh Phear the nades

About the tutorial part, if I have enough time, I will do it.

About whether to use a video or matinee when publishing the final result, both have their advantages and disadvantages:
    with the video you only need a videoplayer, but the video itself is large in filesize.
    The matinee is small in filesize, but you also must have JB installed, else it can't open the level due to missing packages.

I think I'm going to release 2 versions. 1 video for the ppl that dont have JB yet, and 1 matinee for the ppl that do have JB, but don't play it (yet ;) )

and G.Lecter, you do know that there is going to be a matinee AND a frag vid? The maps promotion can be done in the fragvid ;)
    Subtitles are added. I needed something to replace the voices so I knew what I was doing. I have finished the 1st scene on divergence after figuring everything out again. Things are going smooth now :D but I might run into a couple of problems later. Combat will be tricky, so that might take a while.

3. RevBillyG

RevBillyG Taking over the world.

I'm looking forward to this :)

4. Hans Oberlander

Hans Oberlander Member

It's great but you may need to cut the dialog just a tad bit.

5. imoholo

imoholo New Member

This still in progress?
    The script sounds very kewl!

6. Ikkuh

Ikkuh Phear the nades

sort of :)

RL is being a real bitch for a few weeks, but it should be gone somewhere next week. Then I can finish it. just have some patience ;)

7. TG|DeadHead

TG|DeadHead New Member

If this is still gonna happen Im willing to help you guys out. Im not that interested in the story part since I cant script with Unreal Editor.

Im decent with Rypelcam and Im figuring out how to work with Adobe Premier.
    Here is some of my work:

1st movie is a TAM movie. Just to find out how Dumpframes and Adobe work.

http://www.unreal.ie/dl/movies/Tammed.rar --> 1st TAM movie

2nd movie is another TAM movie. I tried a bit more editing.

http://www.unreal.ie/dl/movies/Tamtastic-xvid.rar --> 2nd TAM movie

3rd movie is a Jailbreak movie. I tried Rypelcam for the first time and did more with title's

http://www.unreal.ie/dl/movies/Jailbreakpromotional.rar --> JB movie

Little something something: Just a cool frag with JB. I recorded + edited this in 1,5 hour:

http://rapidshare.de/files/17414100/Jailbreak_fragments_-_Boksha_xvid.avi.html

Let me know what you think of it and how I can be of help.

- DH

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  8. Ikkuh

Ikkuh Phear the nades

well, thanks for the help :)

But the movie will be done in matinee fully, and that is all in the editor. It is best to be a one man project I think. When I have finished it (could take a few weeks, lets give RL some hoorays), I will post it here and I need a volunteer to convert it into a stand-alone movie.

9. TG|DeadHead

TG|DeadHead New Member

Sorry, but I have no idea what you mean with matine.

10. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

a matinee is sort of like a movie.
    Basicly you act as the directer within UeD and 'tell' the actors what to do with vaarious triggers and stuff.

11. Ikkuh

Ikkuh Phear the nades

yep, The_Head is right :)

With matinee you have to do everything. You have to add pawns, add a script to them to make them do stuff, and add a camerapath to show the pawns etc. It is very time-consuming, but it is very high quality when finished. Plus you dont need 12 actors online on a server at once ;)

see http://angelmapper.com/infoeditorhasyou.htm if you want to have a look at a matinee movie. Just open it and enjoy :)

12. TG|DeadHead

TG|DeadHead New Member

Ahhh ok, Ive seen that before in intro's of other frag movies.

But what I mean, I would like to do some frag stuff. Since I assume its not just a movie?

13. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

We were looking into doing a frag movie too, but that was going to be seperate.

14. Ikkuh

Ikkuh Phear the nades

well, the original idea was to have 2 movies. One frag fest, and one storyline JB-orientated how-to-play movie. This is the storyline movie, but I don't think anyone has started a thread about the frag-movie before. We did discuss it a while back. Maybe you could be in charge of that one :)

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=170495 for the discussion.

There are lots of ideas that could be implemented in the frag-vid (I'd love to see a tower getting executed on JB-Frostbite :lol: ) and we might be able to think of more ideas along the way.

15. Jrubzjeknf

Jrubzjeknf Registered Coder

Perhaps the storyline could be thinned out a bit and make it more tutorial-like? That way you'd get a movie that's informative, but not too long/slow.

16. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

Nah I think the storyline shoudls tay.
    DeadHead already posted a video which acts as a tutorial, it would just need to be advanced slightly to include LLamas and Arenas.

17. Ikkuh

Ikkuh Phear the nades

storyline stays ;)

however, any suggestions for additions are welcome.

18. TG|DeadHead

TG|DeadHead New Member

Well, I dont think a story is that appealing to the masses. I think a story has to be 5 minutes max. A tutorial could be handy but ofcourse, thats only for the people who actually plan on playing it.
    Frags are always fun. Good 1v4/5 runs or last minute saves are entertaining too imo.