JB Team Mapping Contest

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
So, what have we got then?

The team so far:

The_Head
G.Lecter
Ikkuh
TK v3
Jrubzjeknf
RevBillyG

So, that gives us a team of 6 gorgeous individuals ;) There's no reason why we shouldn't start something right away. Can't let this idea stagnate, need to strike while the UEd's hot as it were :)

I suggest we start banging some ideas around. Themes and ideas for at least 1 map.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Bare in mind Jrubzjeknf is only coding.
With this many it might just be better to do a single map perhaps?
otherwise its going to be more like tag-team mapping :p

Theme - not Egyptian.
Jrubzjeknf doesn't like me making Egyptian maps all the time..... :(
I'd quite like to do something a bit different, a combination of two themes. Part gothic church (think Peak and Gothic from UT99) and part Tech. For example and old monastary is crumbling down many thousand years after it was built, Liandri (noooo please noooo - for the love of god no) reserect it for the JB tourney by refitting it with modern advanced materials and add some new routes in.

First mapper can start off, build the basic map, then it gets decorated. Then - it gets resurrected?
We could probably use the old textures from UT99, but brought up to date with more detail, lots of tweaking in photoshop and better colours, then add some detail textures after and all will be good ;)

Last edited:

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Can I suggest the we use the oft-unused #UTJB irc channel for some mixing up of ideas? Nice to talk realtime, even if it's just for banging around stupid thoughts.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
I'll be there, but please remind me, because I know I will forget it. :p
O yea, I'll be off around 10PM GMT, because my dad will unplug the router, because he thinks I play too many games (which I do actually, but shhhhhh...:p)

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
I'd like to take part but I have a lot of work to do in the next few weeks :( Maybe I can help out if you need any smaller things doing like bug fixes and help in general.