JB-Solsting (utjb)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Pomperi(:K256:)

UT99Gaymer
Oct 8, 2004
Göteborg, Sweden
klan256.uni.cc
Im almost done with my latest map, and I was hoping that someone would like to test it before I release it. I still have the arena, screenshot and banner left, but the map itself is almost done. This time I have even put normal weapons and pretty good botpathing. (Just for you normal-weapon-guys)

If you wanna try it, just add me on msn: explontus@hotmail.com (haven't uploaded the beta anywhere)

EDIT: This map is completed and can be downloaded from: http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=8055

Here are some screenshots:

sol94cl.jpg

sol81ef.jpg

sol78dn.jpg

sol68lx.jpg

sol59dp.jpg

sol40ga.jpg

sol33yf.jpg

sol22lp.jpg

sol17hs.jpg

The map will be uploaded at nalicity when it's done...

Last edited:

UT99Gaymer
Oct 8, 2004
Göteborg, Sweden
klan256.uni.cc
I fixed an arena today, looks like this btw:

sol06gy.jpg

Now I only have to adjust my ScreenSlideMap and testplay it alot (and make screenshot and banner, but that takes like five minutes)

If someone PLEASE could help me with the ScreenSlideMap, I would be very grateful

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
As already discussed with Pomperi, when playing this map on a GForce4 I see the "sunlight" shining in. However when playing it on a machine with GForce2 or TNT2 I get this blue colour instead of the white one. I tried to play around with the display settings, but no succes so far.

The "sunlight" consist of 4 non-solid brushes, texture "richrig.Base.bulb" (just a white sheet) and the flags Modulated, Two Sided, Bright Corners and Special Lit set.
Removing "Special lit" and rebuilding still gives the same problem.

Because I expect everybody with a simular card will have this problem, does anyone have any idea what's causing it and what can be done about it (mapping wise or PC wise)? And no, buying another videocard is NOT an option.

Attachments

• blue sunlight.jpg
    blue sunlight.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

UT99Gaymer
Oct 8, 2004
Göteborg, Sweden
klan256.uni.cc
This map is finally completed!! =))

Make sure you download it and leave some nice comments on Nalicity ;)

I would be happy if you could put it on the mothership server. After all, I have placed normal weapons and botpathing on my map this time.

[EDIT]: Still no feedback :( Thought you guys liked new maps...

Last edited:

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Good map. Seems to play well. :)

Couple of things that bother me.
The coronas are a little too big and bright. Could do with being about 1/2 or maybe 1/4 the size.
The doors that let you into the lower part of the bases are ugly.
It would be nice if you had some sort of visual clue that you've triggered the switch.
It's a little empty of decoration and trim. Too many plain walls.
I'm not convinced about weapon and pickup placement.

These are all minor things really. This map deserves to be on the server. :)

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Great map!
there's some really nice detail, particularly the ceilings at the top of the minigun room. I like the layout too, good gameplay even with bots.

I would have liked to see some variation in floor heights withint the bases, but hey, it just means I can get easy headshots :D

When you're in the open area, the sort of pyramid things right at the top of the walls are a little glitchy, but it's not an outright HOM.

I spotted this glitch from the sniper tower.

Can I post news about it sometime, maybe next week?

Attachments

• UTX Pict 0002.jpg
    UTX Pict 0002.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 35

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
i rember , i saw this map on nc3 , somme guy said it sucked , but acording to your effort , i don't agree

i don't have Jailbreak III anymore ,

i am inside JB 200x

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
, ho well ,

i just guess that JB 200X is way better ,

and anyway , my unreal editor 2.0 is messed up