JB-Skaraphat [was: JB-Bio vegetal]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The_Head said:
Good job guys 'n Hazel, we should do this with other old maps that need finishing.

I'm not sure that Solide will be easy, the whole layout is a problem actualy.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Looking at GLecter's version (v2-Beta3)...

• There's a pointless red light in the deadend where the switch used to be
  • You need something where the switch is now
  • probably need to think of something to go in the deadend, too!
  • Could you put the fencing back along the middle walkway? it looks really bare without it
  • I can't do the jump ramp you've put in -- that's the slanty bit of fencing, right? Then again, I can't do jump ramps ANYWHERE :(
  • maybe change its texture so it's the same sort of colour as the other fencing
  • you've blocked off the ledge near the base entrance that you can get to from the flak walkway. I was hoping we could turn that into a sniper area. I can still get to the smaller ledge where the TV screen is.
  • I managed to avoid execution by standing really close to the jail door. Try a lower setting of ExecutionDelayFallback, maybe?

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Dodge Jump -> from about 1-2metres away dodge towrds the wall and hit jump just before you hit the slope.
Gets easier if you take a run up and dodge sideways (more speed)

(can't check out the map at the moment, sold my graphics card so have to wait for the new one, currently on a really old one..... struggles with windows XP....:p)

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
OK, new beta:

JB-Skaraphat-v2-beta4

Changelog:
- Fixed door actors (now there are 3 for each jail :p).
- Finished mesh movers in jail.
- Added invisible movers at the jailscreens/ jaildoors (not possible to escape execution anymore).
- Reduced the ExecutionFallback to 5 seconds.
- The two Jailfloor movers are now triggered differently.
- StartExecution and EndExecution now use their own ScriptedTriggers to avoid possible problems.
- Added movabale BlockingVolumes underneath jailfloor to avoid falling through when killed (subclass).
- Fixed the spelling error on the raptor picture as much as I could, without the original file.
- Removed/cut some blocking volumes, I don't like running into invisible walls if the space is wide enough (I never got stuck at these points).
- Placed AssaultRifle/Ammo in the deadend. Can be replaced by something else (healthpack?) afaik.
- Moved the red/blue light mentioned by Tarquin to the new switch position.
- Re-positioned some badly aligned meshes.
- Added Hazel's shaders.
- Added the banner and line pattern to the Loading Screen.
- Added Jailcam overlays.
- Probably some other unimportant stuff.

Outstanding Points:
- Fencing: Should we bring back the fencing back in the middle (as requested by Tarquin)? I liked it too, but it mess up Lecter's wanted z-axis action.
- Dead-End: Keep the Assault Rifle or replace it with something else?
- Blocking volumes: OK like this?
- Redo the Screenshots because of the changed lighting (material sequence)

If, during rebuilding, you get message about "Map will fail in Networkplay", then ignore it. It's caused by making some lights and blocking volumes Non-Static, they will work in networkplay normally.