1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JB-Savo lighting bug - Fix

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Support' started by Radiosity, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Radiosity

Radiosity Minty Fresh!

Hi all. Firstly, a big :tup: on an excellent piece of work with Jailbreak - it's a blast :D

Ok, did a search but didn't find mention of this bug anywhere - the lighting on JB-Savo is a bit screwed. All the pickups flash like crazy, as does the player's weapon and other characters. I had this a while back on a map and it's caused by the sunlight actor. Deleting it and adding a new one, then rebuilding fixed the problem. Hope that helps :)

Keep up the excellent work, looking forward to the update.

2. ZedMaestro

ZedMaestro Useless

Ow, if this works, you're a star :D

Due to the large numbers of problems it has, I've been fixing it, and there will be an updated version released in the Jailbreak 2004 Bonus Pack... whenever thats being released. :)

Rebuilding now! :D

3. Radiosity

Radiosity Minty Fresh!

Cool :tup: Hope it works - it should, but you never know when the dastardly Ued Goblin is going to show himself :eek:

4. papaschtroumpf

papaschtroumpf New Member

Cool, I noticed it last night and was afraid I screwed up something in my graphic card settings. Glad to know it's not the case, and I hope it gets fixed.

5. ZedMaestro

ZedMaestro Useless

Bah, still broke. I completely redid the whole sunlight stuff, and even moved them all into the SkyZone so that the main map and the arena werent lit separately. Dammit.

Well, this is the only problem remaining with the map afaik, and so I'm whizzing it off to pro-mapper Teddie who may be able to fix this problem.

Lets hope so :)

6. TheSpoonDog

TheSpoonDog CBP3! Yarrr!

I think it may be due to your sunlights - I had this problem in CTF-CBP2-Deep, and it was due to sunlight and volumes. Do you have multiple sunlights in the map?

7. Radiosity

Radiosity Minty Fresh!

It is the sunlights. As I mentioned above I had this problem before - it's caused by multiple sunlight actors, not sure of the exact reason though. I've just been fiddling with the map and deleted the sunlights one by one, after deleting 5 of them the problem went away.

8. ZedMaestro

ZedMaestro Useless

Hey guys, um, THANKS!!!

I removed my 5 sunlight actors from the SkyZone, put in one dull downwards sunlight, and it didnt flicker :)

Then I put 2 in and adjusted a few angles, and it still didnt flicker :D

Then I put 3 in, adjusted a few more angles, and it still didnt flicker :D :D, and it still looks great!

Thanks so much guys, SavoIsland is now complete, with all the resolveable bugs fixed, huge improvements in optimization, better deco, and no more flickering light.

W00T!

9. Radiosity

Radiosity Minty Fresh!

Hurrah! *Passes round the cookies* :)

Looking forward to the updated version :tup: