JB-Relic

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
May 12, 2005
SOrry, i figured out what the problem was, everytime since i tested beta1, I just playtested it by clicking the map button, not acually placing it into the maps folder and booting up ut2004.

I am eternally sorry for making you crazy. Seriously sorry.

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
No, that was not the problem. The monster is a custom class, and when embedded in the map it seems to break when the mapname is changed, and obviously I've been going from beta1 to 2 to 3 to 4, so its just broken along the way. Note that if you have a previous version where it worked, it will still work even though the current version may not work alone.

So for the final version I just re-embedded the monster in the map, it wasnt something you'd done (or not done) :p

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Well done Zed :clap:

Only 1 thing to point:
The waterfalls look great, but they turn a bit too bright sometimes when moving... (Card problem, of course). Don't make another version for that, It doesn't look too bad... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Relic.jpg
    Relic.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 19

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
Yeah, CoolDude said the waterfalls didnt look quite right on an old system of his which had a much older card in it. All details were set to low too. Its awkward fixing problems which I cant see.

Vatcilli zeitchef

Dead and back
May 16, 2005
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Really Zed I never expected a remake of a classic map to turn out so close.
I really don't see much problems with the water and my video card is a 32
mb (Poor me) I can barely run UT2004 and the editor is impossible.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
This map is being considered for inclusion in a forthcoming Jailbreak map pack.

Are there any known bugs?
If so, do you have a newer version in which these are fixed? Has this been tested?
If not, how soon do you think you can get these bugs fixed and tested?

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
i bug tested it. couldnt find anything. it gets the INI bug free award!

just 1 thingy. IMO that Env map is out of place there. its way too bright. youve used the same one on each xprocmesh and staticmesh. the xproc and static dont line up at the water fall... very hard to do. 2 fluid surfaces would of lined up but it would of been quite square looking.the "fluid" i think would of been soo much better if it had that slimey texture on it instead of the env map.