1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JB keeps changing my servername

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Support' started by Slim Vision, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Slim Vision

Slim Vision God

I run a UT server on a LAN that my friends and me use all the time. However when ever I start up UT and run a Jail Break it chnages the server name so that it has '(JB3 SP3)' on the end of it. It doesn't matter how many times I change it, or where I change it to that matter, it always changes back when I run a JB game, online, on the LAN or even if I'm just playing with bots. Its annoying, since I keep changing the name back, and then it changes again on its own and so on... and its not as if noone knows I'm running a JB server if it appears under the JailBreak server browser. How can I stop it from changing my server name? Any help appreciated.

2. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

It's impossible to prevent that. Sorry.

3. Slim Vision

Slim Vision God

Impossible? Hmm...well since I'm not one to give up I'll stick by saying that nothing is impossible...

meh I'll just hack the .u files.

4. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

What I meant to say is "there's no option that disables this behavior."

Hacking JailBreak.u is a different matter, of course. (The code in question is in JailBreak.PostBeginPlay, if that helps.)

5. Slim Vision

Slim Vision God

Cool. Thanks. I know it sounds a little useless, I mean I hear people say 'what harm does it do', but my server name sort of looks a bit wrong with '(JB3 SP3)' tacked onto the end and I'm a lazy sod so changing it everytime I play a JB game as you can imagine is tedious work for me.