JB-Eightball BETA

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
btw, any chance on finishing JB-Isolated, too?
JB-what? ;)

tbh... it was practically finished except for arena and perhaps some more optimization... I just didn't like it :) I don't even think I have it any more but it'll be on my webspace.

If someone else would like to do an arena for it and release it, I'm up for that.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
TheSpoonDog said:
Got the execution working online now it seems...

What was the problem with it and what did you do?
The executions bundled with JB have problems showing online that needs fixing, so any hints on how to do it would be great :)

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
Ah it's nothing special, the actual execution still worked online, you just couldn't see the poolballs. Triggered emitters don't show online by default so I had done a global replace on them with the JBEmitterClientTriggerable last time I was working on the map, but, I had selected all the affected emitters and done an "actor replace class=JBEmitterClientTriggerable" command to change them all to that class. That works, but problem is it adds two changed properties to those actors (no idea why, it does it no matter what actors you are replacing):

RemoteRole=ROLE_Authority
Role=ROLE_DumbProxy

They cause all kind of weird problems, so I just had to paste them all into notepad, remove those properties and paste them back into the map. All's fine now :)

Last edited:
May 12, 2005
Spoon, give us a final beta. it makes me sad to see a bug in your maps which usually comes up when you test it yourself. no offense.

Sandy

Feb 27, 2005
hé hé i'm here yet :p
thkx TheSpoonDog !
i restart a new server tuesday , be sure your map will be added !
and we wait for a new beta or final release :p

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
Hm, well the solution I tried a few months ago for the "teleporter holes" didn't actually end up working online, so I gave up, again.

Maybe just another year until I conjure up the enthusiasm to try another solution, k? :p