1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JB-Cyanide

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Maps and Add-Ons' started by The_Head, Jul 1, 2005.

1. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

JB-Cyanide - Now Released.

A Little side project of mine. After releasing Beta 3 of JB-Egypt last night here
    I started playing ar ound in the editor, just put out a basic layout and thought yeh that looks like itcould be good for a quick blast. Its a similar sort of Layout the CTF training map (dunno the name)
    Heres a couple of screenys:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its only a few hours work. Did most of it at midnight onwards last night. Filesize is only iny at the moment, 2.2Mb, Shouldn't be over 3Mb even with screenshots in. SO very tiny when compressed. Think of it as a JB equivilent of CTF-w00tabulus.... or not. That will come next ;)

Will probs do a final release as a part of a map pack full of lots of simple maps. If anyone else wants to contribute let me know.

===========================

edit:
    Now released. Hers the link(s)
    Zip (5.49MB) and 7z (3.41MB)

Nalicity Link

Enjoy.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2005
  2. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Cliche

The meshes are deja vue, almost all of them are the same used in Asbestoss,Sulphur,Grandelkeep. From the package abandonhardware

Looks ok, but tell me, where the red light come from?

EDIT: simple maps?

You know that alot of map are not important, but the quality. One single quality map can beat 8000 simple map at once.

I am not saying it's a bad idea though, but probably if you train up around UED3.0 to do something that would kick ass
    I would feel more happy downloading it :)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2005
  3. Spudsy

Spudsy Unreal Tournament Junkie

Wow, old or not, I love the industrial look. Head you never cease to impress me.

4. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

I like the Abandonhardware set :)

But at the moment your areas look quite boxy.
    I've not played Egypt, but going from the screenshots, that was the same.

In the shots in this thread, the boxiness shows mainly looking at the sky. It's then that you see the square around the top of the room you're in.

You need to break your primitives up more. It's looking good though :) Keep at it :tup:

5. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

Its only 2-3 hours work so far ;)

@Kantham, it doesnt matter what meshes I use, Unless there all custom its going to look similar to another map.... Anyway, nothing wrong with being like Grendlekeep :p

Just because I'm making simple maps doesnt mean I'm going to have them as low quality. I'm keeping them simple in the Layout. Something that you can download of a server and pick up and play quickly.

6. ZedMaestro

ZedMaestro Useless

What exactly do you mean by that? :con:

7. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

Yeh that was a bad example.... (hence "or not")
    I was making a reference to it being really simple to play. Its not going to be really crappy like w00tablus... just ignore the fact that I said it if you still can't see where I'm coming from

8. G.Lecter

G.Lecter Registered Tester

I agree simple layouts are fun and the most attractive to play, but if your layout is too simple, it will be just a boring map. ;) A simple floorplan that I like very much is JB-Bassma's, something like that in size and complexity would be OK...

9. Spudsy

G. Lecter has got it down again. You keep telling them lec.

10. G.Lecter

G.Lecter Registered Tester

:con:

cheers... :)

11. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
  12. Spudsy

Hey, its hip to be square lol. Love the map, you know about the problems I found over our X Fire and MSN chat. I hope I was able to help you out there. Anywho the maps simple layout works, and for the most part it is extrememly spammy, more so than Crusher 2 was. I love, cause I'm a spammy guy, but snipers are not welcome there. The maps is loads of fun and definately pick up and play. The execution is genious and never stops to be sadating a blood thristy mood. It is very pleasureful to watch. I like it for the most part and look forward to its public release after Egypt's. The map is fun and the jails can get crowded, which makes the execution even better to watch (and even more of a pain on the graphics card lol). I found little prolems, so unless anyone else does, or you want to add ammo, one beta is all its gonna need.

13. Aersik

Aersik Turbo charged pogo stick

Again it's a bit on the dark side. The back of the blue base is practically invisible, and I kept falling into the pit with the keg in it because I didn't see it was there. The inside of the jails are also very dark.

It is also very easy to shield jump out of the top of the map, in both the arena and all areas of the main map. Basically, if it was there, I climbed on top of it :).

The escape from the jails (assuming thats what it is) is far too easy. If it isn't intended, then you can shield jump straight through the grate in the ceiling.

Attached Files:

14. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

Its meant to be dark, its all part of the dark sort of theme.
    If you can't see the pit in the middle you need to start looking where your going or you've got your brightness too far down.

The jail escape is semi intended :p I forgot to make it slightly trickier. Will work on something nice for the final version.

15. 4WD

4WD globle

1) wieeee i'm out of the map :)
    2 + 3) those monitors keeps changing their luminosity, looks weird. & maybe placing the jailcam in a different corner would be better (pic explains all)

and it's too dark imho.

Attached Files:

16. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Wow , can you play with these settings?

17. Tettenman

Tettenman New Member

Can't you? ;)
    It just needs an XP 2400+, GeForce 5900 and 1GB of Ram... No miracle :p

18. Spudsy

Pffffffffft! It's meant to be dark. The map is perfectly fine, I can see everything. Guys, time to get that perscription updated. Anywho, the jail thing needed to be fixed, glad you did that, and idk what Kantham is talking about, I can see the blue base fine. The map is good, would make 7 on 7 online insanely fast. Fix the problems of excaping or jumping out of the whole entrie stage and your golden. Btw, the TV's constant changing luminicity is o purpose, it's perfectly fine.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2005
  19. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

The map is very dark. I like it , but it's quite simple

my report :

-Bots don't pickup the shock rifle, And i don't think it's a good idea to put the shock rifle in base. Remplace it by the bio rifle , and put the shock in the middle
    -Keg, i guess it's ok
    -The exucution, you sure could put more life to it, also, what is the damage type?
    -What is the body metal fall thing sound that confuse me on the keg base?
    - More lightning, deffinately more lightning.

Small map , kinda good but need alot of improvement. I like the switch placement btw.

20. Spudsy

More lighting would ruin the dark tone. Oi, the execution is fine, no "life" needed, besides why add life when they're all gonna die anyway? The shock rifle is fine, becasue, if you can catch the trend, they are all mass killing weapons. Flack, rocket, shock, mass killing? The bio rifle would be an odd ball out in a fire fight.