1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JB-Coralation: Vote to get Zed to make smaller version.

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Maps and Add-Ons' started by Hans Oberlander, Oct 10, 2005.

?

What should the status of JB-Coralation be?

1. It needs to be resized, It's a cool map but it's too big!

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. It's fine the way it is.

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Hans Oberlander

Hans Oberlander Member

Hello guys, last sunday we were at full capacity and we booted up JB-Coralation for some vehicular mayhem. The thing was that it was TOO big. Ok, lets ge tthis straight, I think the map is COOL, but i didn't see anyone for 3 straight minutes.

So, I wanna give this thing a vote for a remake, perhaps something about half the size and a cool skybox wouldn't hurt :) (Hazel)

2. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

As great as this map is. Its not suitable for Jailbreak with how big it is.
    Even with the lockdown at full capacity, as Hans said, it still felt very empty.
    Its bigger than most Onslaught levls at the moment, there are so many places to hide that finding the last person can be imposible and could end up with stupid amounts of overtime.
    Not to take away that this map is sexeh to look at!

3. Jrubzjeknf

Jrubzjeknf Registered Coder

the map could be made half the size, or the player's size could be doubled. Last one can be very interesting :D

4. G.Lecter

G.Lecter Registered Tester

I've never played it online, but I agree you hardly ever find someone to fight with (at least playing with bots)... However, I think scaling it down wouldn't be so easy as it looks... The map wouldn't be so easy to drive... and raptors might be too advantaged...
    About the skybox, at first I missed one, but skyboxes usually look better than any map made in UED [especially those super-cool Terragen boxes that Hazel makes... :tup:] and you don't think the map looks so nice if there is such a nice thing in the background [IMO]... :rolleyes: