1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JB-Atlantis By AcidBurn

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Maps and Add-Ons' started by Vatcilli zeitchef, Sep 2, 2005.

1. INIQUITOUS

INIQUITOUS Purple Monkey DishWasher

oh yeah oops, wrong version. wil update with new link. lol

edit: DownLoad Here

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  2. G.Lecter

G.Lecter Registered Tester

Looks much better now without the cube! :) The possibility to shoot from the LightingGun to the middle was quite interesting but we can live without it. Well, it should help to get better framerates! That would need a bigger antiportal, though (1 big Antiportal hides more than 3 small APs afaik):

[​IMG]

The selected antiportals in my other pic are still there. I have checked the map in 'rmode1' and they're not being useful, unless you walk crouching down all the time... ;) You can remove them and the FPS should go up a little.
    Sorry for being harsh in optimization... you know my card sucks... :p
    Oh! And that was at Low WorldDetail! (No emitters) :lol:

The team coloured lights rule :D, but I think the red jail should use red lights on both sides... same for the blue jail. Acyd had done it already with the banners. There can be different points of view on that, so the final choice is yours. ;)

The Arena could use a bit more AmbientBrightness, some of the areas look too black atm. The collision of the coffins (or whatever they're called) is a bit weird (you can walk a bit through them).
    Check out the Arena jumpads too, saw some of them a bit out of its place and had trouble taking one (maybe because of the water). I haven't tested the Arena much, though... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2006
  3. INIQUITOUS

i think i will do the jail light ideas.. the jail colours on this map layout can be confusing.... those antiportals are for help when you go down the bottom routes in those small passages i think.

4. G.Lecter

Just removed those antiportals and worked on the other Antiportal suggestion. There's a very small difference between the 'antiportal' and the 'less-antiportal' version. Seems like the APs affect performance as much as rendering the meshes and terain they hide would affect... :eek: The less-antiporlal version gave me anyway +1 FPS in spectator mode:
    Near the JBCamera Position: No much difference.
    - AP version: 19-20 FPS
    - Less-AP version: 19-20 FPS
    In the middle, from the 3 Adrenaline pills to the other 3 ones: It's noticeable here. :tup:
    - AP version: 19 FPS
    - Less-AP version: 20-21 FPS
    Cave, LinkGun area: No difference.
    - AP version: 23 FPS
    - Less-AP version: 23 FPS
    Under the 50shield stairs, looking towards the LightingGun: A bit noticeable.
    - AP version: 20-21 FPS
    - Less-AP version: 21-22 FPS
    Looking from the ShockRifle to the middle: No much difference.
    - AP version: 20 FPS
    - Less-AP version: 20-21 FPS
    Getting the same FPS I'd recommend removing the Antiportals. ;):D

5. INIQUITOUS

all nice things lec, except you have yours on very low settings where as i have mine on the highest possible and trust me, these antiportals help :D gonna change one or two tho. gonna check the collision on the coffin things and check out the jump pads then i will upload anothet version, hopefully the last ....

6. INIQUITOUS

heres a new version and hopefully final so i can rename it ofcorse, any ideas for rename? just JB-Atlantis-v4?

DownLoad Here

7. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

You could just call the final version Atlantis-Gold to keep in theme with other updated version of the maps perhaps?

8. Mr. UglyPants

Mr. UglyPants 2007 never existed, it was all a dream.

So how progress on the map?

9. INIQUITOUS

I'm stil waiting for feedback on the last version... no feed back yet ... as far as i can see it is finished... (obviously need to rename it)

10. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

Beta 4 was here fine and you havent changed anything likely to break anything from my point of view.
    UT2004 fps problems don't occur on my rig. :p

11. G.Lecter

Found some minor things, maybe you know about them already...

- Make sure the Antiportals don't go out of meshes:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

- A small mesh misalignment:
    [​IMG]

- That bit of geometry looks bright, don't know why... :hmm: Moving or removing some light in the jail should fix it... Or perhaps the surface is Unlit?
    [​IMG]

- Another small misalignment. The mover sticks out of the pillar:
    [​IMG]

That's all, ofc keep the Antiportals if you think they are helpful. Forgot testing the Arena this time, but it should be OK. :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  12. INIQUITOUS

cool. i'll fix that anitportal and the last mesh alignment. the first mesh alignment is there for a reason, but it might not need to be anymore, now that the tower has gone. and im not gonna bother about that bit of geometry but i'll just check if it is unlit ;)

13. Mr. UglyPants

any progress?

14. INIQUITOUS

15. Mr. UglyPants

awesome, i really like the map!

16. G.Lecter

As far as it comes to gameplay, bugs, and optimization. It's OK. :tup: (Didn't you find the reason for the bright bit of geometry?)
    I've just noticed the framerates went dramatically down once I was on the 3rd floor in the arena... And the jumpads on the first floor sometimes don't work, but I think there's nothing you can do for that (try moving them nearer to the floor, although they may go up automatically after rebuilding the paths if you don't change their CollisionHeight... :eek:).

Nothing worth to change up to this point, but also seen the PanoramaScreen is very old, it's from one of the very first betas, when the side paths even didn't exist! :rolleyes: I think it would be good making a new one... and maybe new screenshots and loading screen because of the team-coloured lights and the tower and the hole beside the LightingGun have gone... Yeah, asking for new stuff is free :D, but I know doing it requires time so it's up to you. :)

17. INIQUITOUS

i can't find the bright geometry, even on the screeny you showed me, on my comp it is fine :S

the arena jump pad stops working once water covers it, not before, i.e the reason to use them or you die! :D the arena is just one zone so maybe if i do some cull distances etc.. and try and optimize it abit...

and i'll definately create new loadingscreen, pano etc...

18. G.Lecter

Ah, well, that says it all... :eek:

---
    Found two other minor things:
    - This platfrom should be lowered as much as possible, probably it's just me that I am dodging all the time and the mesh stops dodges sometimes... but anyway it won't be more tham 3 seconds... :p It's OK in one of the sides...
    [​IMG]

- The glass texture sometimes is shown behind players, you know how to fix this... ;)
    [​IMG]

19. INIQUITOUS

done all the screenies etc... heres a new version. may it be the last....

DownLoad Here

20. CoolDude

CoolDude New Member

Please be carefull not to release maps with the exact SAME mapname. This to avoid 'mismatch errors' when connecting to servers.
    The old version was called 'JB-Atlantis-Gold' (and is running on some servers), this one is called 'JB-Atlantis-Gold' again.

Also, if you are not sure this is the final version, it's better to give it some '-beta' tag. If the beta becomes final, rename it afterwards ('JB-Atlantis-Gold-v2' ?) and upload the final to NC.

Thanks ;)