1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JB-Atlantis By AcidBurn

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Maps and Add-Ons' started by Vatcilli zeitchef, Sep 2, 2005.

1. INIQUITOUS

INIQUITOUS Purple Monkey DishWasher

is this map finished now? :)

2. Vatcilli zeitchef

Vatcilli zeitchef Dead and back

3. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

This map is being considered for inclusion in a forthcoming Jailbreak map pack.

Are there any known bugs?
    If so, do you have a newer version in which these are fixed? Has this been tested?
    If not, how soon do you think you can get these bugs fixed and tested?

4. G.Lecter

G.Lecter Registered Tester

There's a bug in the Arena, the water will never kill you, so there is no point on taking the jumpads to avoid getting drowned, and you can hide underwater until arena match ties if you're short of health. The TeamSpecificBlockingVolumes could be myLevel-ed, too, and maybe removed... Didn't know you counted as jailed if you are in the enemy jail, that's why I added them when making the botpahts [oops... :rolleyes:]
    It was just not worth releasing another version for that, but if it's going to be in a pack, those ones should be fixed... ;)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  5. INIQUITOUS

has anyone seen Acyd? she hasnt been on msn for a long time! i hope shes ok.just checked her profile and she hasnt been on since the 28th of January... i dont mind fixing the bugs in this map aswel.

6. AcydBurn

AcydBurn New Member

Hello everyone! INI I haven't been feeling all that great lately and I have not been doing any mapping at all. If you wish to put the final polish on Atlantis so that it can be included in the map pack, please do so. Thank you.

7. INIQUITOUS

HI !!!!!!!! i was worried, i hope your ok, try and come on msn more so we can chat ok :) dont worry about the map ill give it the final polish :) good to hear from you again.

8. INIQUITOUS

G.Lec what exactly is the bug in the arena with the water? i'm fixing the map right now :D ive fixed loads of small visual things. somehow the fluid surfaces in the jails had moved, fixed that. I've taken out the TeamSpecificVolumes as there is no point in them. Fixed a few bugs in the arena but i dont know what you meant by the water volume fog and damage :S

9. G.Lecter

The WaterVolume should cause some drowning damage if a player stays inside it more than 7-10 seconds. Otherwise, you can stay on the lowest floor, the water will go up, the doors will close, the other player will never find you, and, since the Volume does not make you die, the arena match ties... :)

10. INIQUITOUS

but the volume already deals 10 hp damage per second. isn't that working?

11. INIQUITOUS

hhm i do see what you mean now, the damage per sec does not work :S and if you start to drown you can just get health. any ideas how to fix this?

12. INIQUITOUS

oo triple post, and maybe a forth tomorrow :p ive fixed the pano and all the small bugs. i dont know why that volume isn't working...so i went back to my very old Nautilus map, i remembered it had 3 moving water volumes i made, i added damage to them and tried it out and it works. So right now ive copied that volume over to Atlantis and going to try and use my own one instead :D update tomorrow . :)

13. INIQUITOUS

Ok forth post hehe, :D i used my own non static watervolume in the arena and it works fine now. only one small problem but i think i got it fixed. If you dont move in the arena from your spawn point or if you dont jump before the water comes ups then it goes straight through you ....(the problem of having to be touching the water before it moves issues again) but because this is a pain causing volume, its not a good idea to be standnig in it when you spawn. so after the water starts to rise i added two kickers that make you jump/bounce and so force you into the volume if you didnt run for the jump pad :D I think it's all done. Heres another version we can test for bugs or any other issues :)

JB-Atlantis-v4here

14. G.Lecter

Is it beta or final release? :rolleyes: Played 5 minutes and found a glitch already (that antiportal in the middle still is bugging... ;)). I'll test it soon and will come with more feedback.

Is there any console command to force an ArenaMatch? If not, it would be a great feature for JB2004c... :D

15. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

Going solely off of memory here, I am pretty sure it can be done with the JBdebug mutator, not sure what the commands are, check the JB reame files, it should say.

16. RevBillyG

RevBillyG Taking over the world.

You'll need the JBDebug mutator.

17. G.Lecter

Hah, that's a good one. :D I've been testing the arena a few times. The jumpads don't work once you're caught by the WaterVolume, in the last version there was a kind of fog-only volume between the FluidSurface and the WaterVolume that worked like an advise before you get really caught by the water. You should either bring back that Volume or delay the start of the water volume rising a bit more. The bots try to get the jumpads when they are not still active, perhaps that could be fixed with AngelMapper's BotKicker actor. I'd give the arena a bit more brightness, too... ;)

Some non-arena things:
    - That huge cube in the middle ruins the ambience IMO, I've been suggesting a change for it since Beta3, don't know why it was changed... :( (Maybe the buggy antiportal in the middle)
    - You also could change the text of the JailCams to Red/Blue.
    - Screenies:

[​IMG]

The framerates stayed about 23 with the antiportals removed. They're quite higher when looking from the middle to the switches, which is annoying me a bit (I hate framerate up&downs... :p).
    Keep up the good work! :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2006
  18. INIQUITOUS

lec im not doing a full re-make of it you know. even tho ive already done half the things u mentioned in a new version i havnt released yet.

already fixed the emitters on those crystals, already done the arena water,already done the mushrooms, added some blocking volumes somewhere.. Found that antiportal you was on about (turned out to be the weird shaped one). That mesh is "hidden" for a reason but its collision could be removed + blocking volume etc...
    In the jails there is only one red beam on the red side and one blue beam one the blue side. Ok ill ad two of each . i'll add the HP and maybe change the light colours just to make you happy (even tho the big long blue/red pipe is dead give away as to where you are)...

I'll try and get rid of that big cube, it does look out of place and try n put some ruin there or something..

boy do you have low fps, i thought mine was low but omg :D

19. INIQUITOUS

me and Acyd have been playing with the layout abit, , mainly to get rid of that "cube tower" to pls a certain lector hehe :D, anyway heres a new version to test and check out. :)

Download Here

20. AcydBurn

AcydBurn New Member

INI, just dled the map and it still has the center tower and cube. You sure you put the right file in there?