JB-Atlantis By AcidBurn

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
The TSPV should not be imbedded in the map. You should open TeamSpecificActors.u with the class browser, then use the TSPV from there. When you distribute the map, include the TeamSpecificActors.u file.
I don't see why you want to duplicate my actor and put it in myLevel anyway. Using the package is a lot easier. Add to that, that these actors can be useful to mappers and so I'd like to see it being spread.

So, just use my package, not some embedded class. Embedding it is kinda useless.

AcydBurn

Nov 18, 2004
Hi J. Thank you so much for affirming my decision to just include the package. That is exactly what I did. The zip file installs the .u file in the systems directory as long as it is unzipped to the main game folder.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
In that case you'd have the same problem with maps as well then. Mappers avoid file mismatches by giving their updated maps a version suffix. Well, .u packages can do the same thing :)

AcydBurn

Nov 18, 2004
Jrubzjeknf, I understand your position. Your work does deserve to be recognized by having a "to be included" status instead of a "to be absorbed" status. It is a fine piece of code and if Atlantis becomes one of the popular maps it will definitely get around. Yes you could embed it. Is it easy to embed. NO! So just include the .u file and move on. You will have more hair on your head as a result. LOL. Thanks for your foresight in creating this code, J. It really came in handy. Actually thank GLect for getting that ball rolling.

Last edited:

4WD

globle
Sep 6, 2004
belgium
when i put this map on my server i get this:
Warning: Failed to load 'TeamSpecificActors': Can't find file for package 'TeamSpecificActors'
Warning: Failed to load 'JB-Atlantis-v3': Can't find file for package 'TeamSpecificActors'
Warning: Failed to load 'LevelSummary JB-Atlantis-v3.LevelSummary': Can't find file for package 'TeamSpecificActors'
Warning: Error loading JB-Atlantis-v3 !
think you've included the wrong teamxxxx.u file in your package on nc. after adding this one on it, it works.

those things could hve been avoided if you had included the code in mylevel ;)

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Vatcilli zeitchef said:
Time to inform Acyd.... She won't like it. :rolleyes:
Time to inform The_Head, too. I took the TeamSpecificBlockingVolume and package from the 3rd beta of Egypt. If that package doesn't work in this one, it's likely to not work in Egypt... :rolleyes:
I haven't played the final yet (I'm sooo busy... ;)), were the fluidsurfaces finally replaced by xProcs?

AcydBurn

Nov 18, 2004
Ouch. I included the .u file specific to the volume. I have since obtained the entire package and am repackaging Atlantis to include the entire .u configuration. Will post on both MapRaider and NaliCity. GLect email me at clwicks@optonline.net. Need to correspond with you on some things. Thanks.

Besides, 4WD, J is not going to fuss at me again. It is obvious to me that he would appreciate the mapping community including his entire package with maps that use his code and to be honest about it, I don't blame him. His work deserves recognition and that is one sure fire way to help him get it. I am sure you would feel the same way if it was your work.

Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Finally had time and remembered playing this one. I am sorry for not finding these bugs before, but they are minor things and I think it's not worth releasing a new version for that [although if it's going to be included in the mappack, these should be fixed... :rolleyes:]
- Mesh misalignements in one of the sides in the middle area are causing collision problems, you often get stuck in the stone, and the mesh where the adrenaline pills were has been moved... :(
- The antiportal in the middle hasn't been fixed yet! :mad: You can see things disappear (the banner, some meshes, players) when looking from the sinper position to the middle.
- The water volume in the arena doesn't kill players. Therefore, if someone gets trapped in one of the floors, you'll have to wait until the arenamatch ties... :eek:

Good luck with Apophis! :)

Vatcilli zeitchef

Dead and back
May 16, 2005
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
G.Lecter said:
- Mesh misalignements in one of the sides in the middle area are causing collision problems, you often get stuck in the stone, and the mesh where the adrenaline pills were has been moved... :(
- The antiportal in the middle hasn't been fixed yet! :mad: You can see things disappear (the banner, some meshes, players) when looking from the sinper position to the middle.
- The water volume in the arena doesn't kill players. Therefore, if someone gets trapped in one of the floors, you'll have to wait until the arenamatch ties... :eek:
!?! WTF!

These should be fixed allready way back.. last time I checked...
Antiportal was fixed.
Water in arena did 5 dam per sec (Physical:lol: ).
Collision problems.. Nothing to say about that "Mouth:lock:"

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
yeah they was all fixed last time i checked too, especailly the anitportal and water volume. if they are not tho, the good thing is they can b fixed without a full rebuild that takes about 45 mins!!! (i rebuilt it once) .

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
AcydBurn said:
Besides, 4WD, J is not going to fuss at me again. It is obvious to me that he would appreciate the mapping community including his entire package with maps that use his code and to be honest about it, I don't blame him. His work deserves recognition and that is one sure fire way to help him get it. I am sure you would feel the same way if it was your work.

I didn't mean to fuss at you, I just think copying custom actors is a waste of the downloader's bandwidth. If three maps use my package, you'd waste more bandwidth (and time too) with including the actor in myLevel than using it straight out of the package. Although I don't care a lot any more about whether or not distributing it. Atm I'm working on an expanded version of this package :D. No changes are being made to the current actors though ;)

AcydBurn

Nov 18, 2004
First, I don't want to see any IMO's. OK. GLect. I think I found the anti-portal problem you referred to. Everyone was thinking it was the lower portion of the center section at the ramp that was the problem but when you cleared out the center to open it up and resized, realigned the meshes it created the problem you are describing. It has been fixed this time. If you can see to the other side from either sniper spot then pull out your superman suit because you have x-ray vision.

The meshes in the center floor and cave ceiling have been resized to eliminate that problem you are describing. The stones no longer protrude through the floor and the mesh where the adrenalin pills are has been repositioned.

The water in the arena does 5 points per second damage. To increase it would be unfair to the players as you can "swim to the holes in the floor" to make it to the next floor. Bots can get trapped but there is a little thing called "minor patience" that can be applied in those situations.

As to the actor code for the TSV. I tried to embed the code but could not get it to embed. It crashed the editors in both my installs so rather than continue to fight with it, I included the code. Given all the "opinions" :( about what is the best way to handle the code I will just say this: "if you know how to do it, do it and give credit where credit is due. If you don't know how to do it and following the tuts don't help, include the damn package and leave it alone! I did the rebuild (15 mins) and am updating the map on MapRaider and Nali today. To everyone, have a great day :)!

Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
The water in the arena does 5 points per second damage. To increase it would be unfair to the players as you can "swim to the holes in the floor" to make it to the next floor. Bots can get trapped but there is a little thing called "minor patience" that can be applied in those situations.
There was a normal volume (with fog) between the fluidsurface and the real WaterVolume in the arena, where you could walk normally to the jumpads until you get trapped by the WaterVolume... I assume this 'Fog-Volume' is still there and it's the real WaterVolume where the DamagePerSecond was set in... :rolleyes: It could have been a higher number anyway since you have enough time to go up... ;)

Last edited:

AcydBurn

Nov 18, 2004
Well GLect, I don't know about that for sure since I didn't tweak that part of it and i did not change any of the work done on that part of the arena but at this point I am not changing it. Beside if someone gets stuck, just jump back in the water and go kill them. That should solve the problem of waiting and give you something to do, I think. If there are any serious bugs to report, I will deal with it. If not, . . . . . . .

and I am not being rude. There is a difference between being rude and being direct. There just doesn't seem to be any happy medium between all the IMOs.

Last edited: