1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JB-Atlantis By AcidBurn

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Maps and Add-Ons' started by Vatcilli zeitchef, Sep 2, 2005.

1. AcydBurn

AcydBurn New Member

These holes I believe were fixed when I fixed the missing light you found. (unintentional terrain move). These are the original meshes and I have no idea how to fix them.

--the bubble and jellyfish emitters dont show through some textures

These are not "textures" and the emitters will not show through fluid surfaces. If I remove all the fluid surfaces just to see the emitters from any point in the map, the map looses its "free water" feeling. This I feel is a trade off of "perfection vs. effect".

as wel as...

-you can see the ends of the fluid surfaces in the roof area in the main map (near bases)

I will continue to look for a solution to this problem.

-fluid surface doesn't cover the entire jail in one of them and you can see the ends rise infront of u.. Fluid surface was out of place. This has been repaired.

-many places to hide in jail :/ LOL. I know about the spots behind the columns and the ability to go up where the water troughs are but you are in jail. If you are in jail when the whole team is captured you will die!

big exploit. if you fast enough and have xxx trans its possible to trans under the terrain and trans behidn the map or behind the locks. to fix this all you had to do was raise the kill volume to its highest possible position or put limitaion or kill volumes around the outside so even if you made it there. you would stil die.

Working on this one!

oh and the antiportal thing which will cause some coms to crash or bluescreen

Blocking volume will be placed in the inverted tower to stop this problem.

Edit : Acyd , if you dont know , then ask!!! we wil help you :p and theres a wiki on it[/QUOTE] Will get the wiki on it! but in the meantime put the .u file in your systems folder!....

Btw JB-Atlantis1.0 (Beta3-6) is now available on Mapraider. Please do your tests again to see if all of these items show up again. I don't think most of them will but just to make sure. Aside from that how can I get a copy of the very last changes I made to the map to you. Please advise by email clwicks@optonline.net.

I can still run repairs and update the map. Thanks a million oh great problem hunter! ;-).

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  2. INIQUITOUS

INIQUITOUS Purple Monkey DishWasher

excellent work :)

about the fluid surfaces in the bases. if the rest of the map wil permit it, and it wont ruin anything. you can just lower it a tiny bit so it meets or goes into the buildings/ruins

the emitter problems. it is a texture problem....im making an underwate rmap -Nautilus. its the texture used on the fluid surface, i had the same problem. i also had the same problem in Nyx. im gonna look into it. i think you have to create your own texture maybe if you want the same one....il try and look into it for you.

you could just fix those meshes by makig a little cap/roof for them in the ed. out of bsp, then mesh it. doesnt hav to b perfect because your not going to stand and stare at it all day.. but it just completes it that little bit more :) use the 2d ed to get the shape :)

3. INIQUITOUS

ok ive been working in the editor for a few mins and i think ive solved the emitter/fluidsurface problem :D

go into texture browser.go to mylevel.in mylevel find the one called this :

finalblend.waterfinal [1 pass]

(should be near the bottom)

right click on it, go to properties. (make sure your in final blend section,. should be there by default tho :) )

change ZWrite to False

:D there you go :)

4. INIQUITOUS

oh i played the version on mapraider and those holes are stil there. also i found 2 more holes . il wait for the new version b4 i test it again :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

couldnt find a good angle in game to show you where the second hole was so i took it in the ed :)

Edit: feel free to email me the latest versions. i emailed you my email :)

5. AcydBurn

AcydBurn New Member

Zwrite worked. Now on to the holes!

6. INIQUITOUS

:D a stone here, a giant boulder there hehe :D

7. Hans Oberlander

Hans Oberlander Member

Fix this too

the red colmn in the red jail has no collision

[​IMG]

8. G.Lecter

G.Lecter Registered Tester

Excellent bughunt INI... :tup:
    Now that the Zwrite thing works, fluid surfaces could be brought back to the jails... I never liked those shaders very much, and the 'hiding places' in the jails would disappear... :rolleyes:

9. INIQUITOUS

yeah do that Acyd!!

10. AcydBurn

AcydBurn New Member

Oh boy, did that! GLect now something is wrong with the bots! To bring the surfaces back to the jail I needed to go back to the original shape so it would look right and I don't know what I did to make the bots stop working. :-(

11. G.Lecter

:con: All that was needed was copy&pasting the fluidsurfaces from the original Atlants and modify the shapes of the blokingvolumes... I don't know what's the problem, try doing a path rebuild, if it doesn't work, release another version to have a look, plz... :)

12. Vatcilli zeitchef

Vatcilli zeitchef Dead and back

Version 1.1 here, Please roam around and check on bugs,
    Meanwhile I'll check out what happened with the paths
    And continiue on JB-Monody
    Nalicity link

___EDIT___
    NO MY CRAPPY PROJECT IS NOT DEAD :p

Last edited: Nov 10, 2005
  13. AcydBurn

AcydBurn New Member

1.1 has the zoning problem fixed so the team specific volume may not be necessary now. The zoning problem was causing the bots not to work. They started working again after I fixed the zones. I am having a problem with the fluid surfaces though. Not all of them are active after a rebuild. I am working on replacing some of the fluid surfaces with xProcMeshes though as this may reduce the amount of rendering that needs to be done by the engine. Will let you know if I am successful at it. Until 1.2. . . . . . .

Last edited: Oct 18, 2005
  14. INIQUITOUS

i went for a roam looking for bugs :p i couldnt realyl find anything major , just a few alignment issues if you bothered..some should be fixed tho. others are just me being annoying :D a couple things first tho.

-at red jail i think..one/two walls of the fluid surface you can wak into,the blocking volume needs moving incloser.
    -all the terrain holes are stil there that i posted about earlier, just put a brick or two over them or a mushroom/crystal

and now onto the other stuff!

[​IMG]
    just another small hole in the terrain, a simple brick or something can hide it.. iits opposite the bluelock at the big wall.

[​IMG]
    is the fluid surface 1 unit too small or something to be causing this line?

[​IMG]
    mesh alignment

[​IMG]
    again same lfuid surface i think. just short of meeting the wall, you can see the traingle edge.just make it a tiny bit bigger.

[​IMG]
    mesh alignment

[​IMG]
    and again

[​IMG]
    can you lower this fluidsurface a tiny tiny bit. make sure it stil fits in with the other meshes around it tho.

[​IMG]
    another hole. this time in one of the tunnels/cave thingys. anoterh small brick maybe? or mushroom/crystal

[​IMG]
    part of this fluid surface can be seen outside one of the jails..maybe raise it if possible. or lower the roof in there or slap a bit boulder up there or something :)

just those small thingys i noticed.. i loved the arena btw :D entire map almost INI approved :D you can stil trans under ofcorse but i got the feeling u raised the kill volume becasue i had less than a second to trans away...i died each atempt lol i noticed a limitation volume in the jail too, dam i couldnt even try to trans out :( lol gj! speaking of jails there was some mesh alignment in there too that should be fixed on some of the higher horizontal slabs. but pls pls fix that huge hole that is stil there that i posted about a while ago.

15. INIQUITOUS

this stupid problem appears alot, the fluid surfaces just go all static and dont move sometimes for no reason at all it apears..luckily i havnt encountered it yet but i know hazel has b4.... try using a FluidSurfaceOscillator to make the ripples itself.. oh and the FPS were excellent on my com and i had emule and the editor open!

heres a linky for the FluidSurfaceOscillator

http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/FluidSurfaceTutorial

16. G.Lecter

I am seeing very odd fluid surfaces in my comp, too... Please fix that... My framerates drop a little in the middle (not in the sides where there are the fluid surfaces) so maybe it's not worth doing all the work on making procmeshs... :rolleyes:
    - In the middle there are 2 blue crystals, 1 red and 1 yellow. Why don't you add 2 reds at the red side and 2 blues at the blue side? (more ovbious... ;))
    - I insist on the antiportal error in the middle, a blockingvolume is not enough since you still can see through that antiportal and see things disappear... Just move that AP a little more or make a new one... but don't leave the glitch there when it's so easy to fix... :(
    - Give more lighting to the tower in the middle (Picture)
    I think it's finished... call it v2 btw (v1 is a bit ridiculous IMO...) :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2005
  17. INIQUITOUS

yeah i agree with the crystals and antiportal.....

4 clicks and you can delete and replace the anitportal instatly

18. AcydBurn

AcydBurn New Member

Just finished working through the last group of items. Changed the crystal arrangement in the middle. Replaced the AP and sealed the view to the other side with an additional mesh. You should no longer be able to see the AP. I think I found and plugged all the holes that were found. Went on a texture alignment hunt with the leads you gave me and corrected all of those, I think. Resized the meshes in the jails so that you don't see gaps between them. Put more light on the tower. Repositioned the fluid surfaces in the jails. Tried the ocillator on the fluids but it didn't work. Surfaces still go static on a random basis after a rebuild. I am going to replace the static ones as per Hazel's suggestion in another thread to see if that will fix the problem. Will post as soon as I finish working on the fluids.

19. Hazel.H

Hazel.H Member

I've found a problem with your map, it looks like the team specific volume code isn't emdedded properly :(

These error messages appear when trying to open the map in UnrealEd without TeamSpecificPhysicsVolume.u in the system folder. It works fine if it's in the system folder so the map must still be relying on that file.

20. AcydBurn

AcydBurn New Member

All the repair work has been done. The last to-do's accomplished and INI and Hazel performed their final bughunt, Atlantis-v3 was finally bug free. It has been posted on MapRaider and NaliCity and should be available for download soon. I still could not get the u file to go into myLevel but the zip file will automatically copy it to your system folder if you unzip the file to your main UT2004 folder.