JB-Atlantis By AcidBurn

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Vatcilli zeitchef said:
BTW that is not the worst problem fly to the place were the tower was and check out
NOW that's a bug! :D looks fun though "The Invisible map"
LOL :lol:, there was an Antiportal inside the tower... the tower was removed... but the antiportal wasn't...

- Another thingy: The movers that rise the water level in the jails can be seen during the execution (at least the one in the blue jail...) :p

---
BTW:
I've just been looking at a custom variable-timed-mover (made by SuperApe) that will allow you rise the arena water slowly (in 60seconds) and lower it quickly in 1second. You might interest it if you want to make ArenaMatches more frequently... ;)
It works like a normal mover, just set the keyframes, and these options:
- Mover -> InitialState -> TriggerOpenTimed (as usual)
- Mover -> MoveTime = 1
- VariableTimedMover -> KeyMoveTime
· 0. 60sec
· 1. 1sec

...And attach the fluidsurface and the volumes to it... :)

Attachments

• VariableTimedMover.zip
    15 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

AcydBurn

Nov 18, 2004
Latest download (beta 3.2)

There is another tweak version after this that addresses the anti-portal/fps issue and arena lighting issues.

VariableTimedMover -> KeyMoveTime
· 0. 60sec
· 1. 1sec

Thanks for the mover, GLect, it works great, however, the variable timing should be whatever time in full seconds you want the mover to take in reaching the next keyframe, etc and the final setting should be the time it takes the mover to return to its first position.

With regard to putting text in your camera views. If you are using the JBCamera, go to the properties listing>JBCamera>Caption>Text. Type in the information you want.

I redid the loading screen without the line. Looks much better to me. Doesn't look faded like it did with the lines.

The main area of the map is predominantly meshes but there are also large expanses of bare wall all over the place. I think I have enough meshes on the walls. I am not putting meshes on the ceilings. The ceilings are not britely lit and you can just make out the texture on some of them. Who would see a mesh. As for crates, crates would not fit in with the arena but there are some decorative blocks I am placing in the arena like benches.

All in all, if no other problems pop up I don't expect to be adding anything else but then again you never know.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
FPS seems good. The pillar being removed in the middle didn't do so bad. Only dropped from 30-25 fps (i was doingg a virus check at the same time :p - not exactly a great idea)
#one thing though, you know the new wall you have put in to make the jail seperate, on the playable side of the map it is very plain, it would look very cool if it was loads of broken bits of wall so it looks like the roof had collapsed

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
The fog errors still are there... :( If you don't want to bring back the stones down the tower, add a fogring to the skybox to fix that... ;) The antiportal placed where the big tower was can be removed now since it's not doing anything really...
I still keep what I said about the crystals in the middle looking way too high. Same for the tower, it looks weird [a tiny but high thing in the very middle of the map... ehm... :rolleyes:], widen it a little and make it less high...

My framerates stay at 25-20, without virus check running, of course... [f****ng card... :mad:]

- Pic: A little dark spot that can be fixed quickly... ;)

Attachments

• Lookintoodark.jpg
    Lookintoodark.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

AcydBurn

Nov 18, 2004
Ok. Rebuilt the top of the center and the doorways. Should eliminate the problem you were having and eliminates the ability to see from one side to the other. Leave my crystals alone. They are fine right where they are and the size that they are. I fixed the dark spots in the arena. Will post a new beta tomorrow.

To Head: Not a good idea. The concept is ancient/newer. The walls were deliberately removed and used to build the arena. The city was cleaned up, power sources put in place and made ready for combat. It does look the way it should. You can tell where the hand of Liandri has been and you can tell what is the original ancient city. The only problem is dampness hence the shrooms.

Last edited:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
AcydBurn said:
Not a good idea. The concept is ancient/newer. The walls were deliberately removed and used to build the arena. The city was cleaned up, power sources put in place and made ready for combat. It does look the way it should. You can tell where the hand of Liandri has been and you can tell what is the original ancient city. The only problem is dampness hence the shrooms.
Fair enough, its your map ;)

Just looks reallyplain at the moment where it is a bare wall, suirely you can find something that fits in with the modern repaired look?

AcydBurn

Nov 18, 2004
Head can you post a screenie of exactly what you are talking about so I can make sure we are on the same page with this? Would really appreciate it. Thanks.;)

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
- The altar meshes placed in the arena have their collisions set to off, you can go/shoot through them... ;)
- The tower looks OK now, but the squareish block there is down it doesn't look nice at all. It should look like a ruin, not like a cube... :( I liked much more the rocks I placed in beta2... :p
- Thank you very much for the mention in the readme... :) Give also credit to SuperApe for the VariableTimedMover... and the author of Aquatica? Sjosz... ;)
- Apart form that and the picture it's pretty finished... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Atlantis.jpg
    Atlantis.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Aersik

Turbo charged pogo stick
Feb 9, 2005
Only (very) minor nitpicky things really.

At the moment you can still get into the anti-portal in the central tower if you xloc/shieldjump into it.
The arch over the middle of the red jail has collisions off.
Not sure quite how I spotted this, but for the sake of consistancy you need another one of those lights on the right hand side of this shock rifle.

Attachments

• atlantis1.jpg
    atlantis1.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 13

AcydBurn

Nov 18, 2004
Thanks for the heads up, Aersik. The missing light was caused by a terrain move. Got the arch in the red jail. Not sure how you are getting into the center anti-portal which is surrounded by large blocking volumes but . . . . .

Aersik

Turbo charged pogo stick
Feb 9, 2005
By xloccing up here. It not exactly major though as you fall out of it straight away.

Attachments

• atlantis2.jpg
    atlantis2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 10

AcydBurn

Nov 18, 2004
If that's the case, it is an exercise in futility so I won't worry about that one. Well, I guess with all problems solved, I am posting Atlantis to NC today.

Last edited:

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
i havnt tried the version on NC or Mapraider yet as they are not avialble yet but i tried your last beta (i was gonna do the bug hunt for you) but it seems no point now..but anyway i cant load you map. i get this error :

Can't find file for package 'TeamSpecificPhysicsVolume'

hav you already fixed this problem?

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
The TeamSpecificPhysicsVolume is zipped in the last beta I've downloaded. Just make sure it's well installed in your /System folder... ;)
When I was bot-testing one of the betas I saw a red bot getting into the blue jail and he didn't want to go out then... :lol: That's why there is a TSPhysicsVolume inside each jaildoor... I'm not sure if you can translocate to the enemy jail, though... :(
The antiportal error should have been fixed BTW... [it was very easy... :rolleyes:]

AcydBurn

Nov 18, 2004
I'm not sure how to put it in the myLevel package so I included it in the zip and referenced it in the readme file.

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
noooooo never release until it has been INI tested! i found a few things... and a big exploit.i guess its too late now but here it all is anyway...

-big hole in map!

-another hole

-spot the difference between the next two pics. taken of the same place.. it just flickers there and then disapears. :S

-meshes hav no tops!

--the bubble and jellyfish emitters dont show through some textures

aswel as...

-you can see the ends of the fluid surfaces in the roof area in the main map (near bases)
-fluid surface doesnt cover the entire jail in one of them and you can see the ends rise infront of u..
-many places to hide in jail :/

big exploit. if you fast enough and have xxx trans its possible to trans under the terrain and trans behidn the map or behind the locks. to fix this all you had to do was raise the kill volume to its highest possible position or put limitaion or kill volumes around the outside so even if you made it there. you would stil die.

oh and the antiportal thing which will cause some coms to crash or bluescreen

i only played it for 5 mins and found all this.....

Edit : Acyd , if you dont know , then ask!!! we wil help you :p and theres a wiki on it

Last edited: