JB-Atlantis By AcidBurn

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vatcilli zeitchef

Dead and back
May 16, 2005
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
JB-Atlantis final beta!!!

Hey guys this is what will probably be the final beta version of JB-Atlantis
If no real bugs are found Acyd will upload this version to NaliCity.

Please leave your comments.

The file
Atlantis beta 5

Only one thing Acyd: Would you please upload it as JB-Atlantis instead of
JB-atlantis-opencenter?

Last edited:

AcydBurn

Nov 18, 2004
Of course I will. Open Center is one of three beta versions that I have. The name helps me tell the difference without opening each file.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
OK, I've just started with it. I will do the paths, fix the antiportal errors and probably add a couple of visual, light and optimization tweaks. :D
It may take me a week or so due my lack of free time... ;)

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
New beta.

Download! [Not a very reliable link, if someone can upload it in another place...] :rolleyes:

Done. :) The AssaultPaths and DefenseScripts have been placed and I am happy with how the bots play. I’ve also done other changes:
- The bots understand the drowning arena +/- fine (Woot! :D). They seem to like crossing doors when they are opened, so I eventually had to trigger the floors with doors and stuff… The watervolume was lowered and now there is a fog volume down the fluidsurface where you still can walk before getting trapped by the watervolume... :)
- Translocator bot-support added, too. (hope someone will ever use it) :rolleyes:
- Changes in the middle: Most of the staticmeshes in the middle have been re-scaled and aligned. The middle has been opened to the sky, and with a couple of pillars and lights it looks great! There also are 2 little holes to the lower cave now. The mushrooms and some of the crystals have been moved to the cave.
- There is a 100shield in the middle of the cave now, it’s the only way to make that area atrractive enough. The healthpacks were moved to the middle.
- Antiportal errors were fixed and there are a some more Aps now…
- A lot of little details here and there…
Forgive me if I did something you don’t like… :shy:

---
To-do thingies [Nitpicking mostly]:
- Make new loading screen and level preview… ;)
- Work more in the arena. It’s getting better, but from my point of view it doesn’t fit with the map. The map is mostly made of staticmeshes and yellow lights whereas the arena is brushed and uses blue lights. My idea is converting the arena in a cave keeping the same layout and the jumpads. Just copy and paste meshes and lights from the 100shield cave to cover those brush surfaces. Then make 4 small terrains and it’s done… :) [I removed a couple of lights accidentally when adding the jumpads in the arena, sorry… :(]
- I have spectated some arena matches and all them tied [water covers last floor]… so that’s why I come back again to the idea of adding a couple of weapons (sorry for being so dull… :()
- I think there is a good map with small team-coloured banners that would look nice in this map… I can’t remember it now…
- Add text (red switch, red base…) to the camerajails… ;) [I don’t know how to do that]
- Why the fluid surfaces from the jails were replaced by shaders? :rolleyes:
- What about team-coloured medusas??? ;) btw, those medusas sometimes pop-up suddenly or go through meshes… Move them behind big stones to make them a bit more realistic…

Good luck with the final beta… ;)

Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Vatcilli zeitchef said:
Seems like you have done quite a bit,
More actually as was asked for:rolleyes:
I told acyd about you being ready, and she'll take a look at it.
Dont forget though this conversion is still Acyd's project:D
D'oh, Of course, I don't claim more credit than what I was asked for (pathing). The rest is all Acyd's work. :) Apart from the holes and re-scaling in the middle (and botpathing), the work I did are just little stupid details (there are a lot, though. That's why the map looks a bit different... ;)). But you're right, maybe I did too much... sorry. :( I hope you'll like it anyway... :rolleyes:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Vatcilli zeitchef said:
Did you look at what your work did to the Skybox :lol:
Never mind though found a way to fix it allready.
WTF? I did not do anything in the skybox (or that's what I think...). :con:
Looks fine in my comp, but it's not the first time that skyboxes are not friendly with me. Please can you post a picture with the bug and how did you fix it? I am interested... :)

Vatcilli zeitchef

Dead and back
May 16, 2005
Well I fixed the skybox in Atlantis but since Poseidon has exactly the same bug in exactly the same skybox I'll send you pics of that one and tell what the fix is.

Pic 1: As you see the skybox looks horrible, and panning the textures won't work!:eek:

Pic 2: Here in Zone portal vieuw there seems to be a cut EXACTLY on the place the texture gets screwed up.... Hmmm what does this say:rolleyes:

Remedy:
It seems skybox textures don't like having cutes on them, just move the skybox to a place you think there will be no cuts and it will be fixed.:D

Attachments

• Ohnoskybox.jpg
    Ohnoskybox.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 8
  • Ohnoskybox2.jpg
    Ohnoskybox2.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 13

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Thats not the solution I have heard.
The problem is normally that the texture is the wrong scale and an option in the textures own properties called UClamp (iirc) with this set to true textures are stretched and generally F***ed up like that.
Scale up the texture in the normal way and it *should* be fixed....

NB-have not tested this myself, but this is the soluition I have heard

AcydBurn

Nov 18, 2004
GLect, . . . . . . . . . . . THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!! (Bet you thought I was going to say something else didn't you! Ha Ha Ha)

The skybox thingy was fixed by moving the skybox below the horizon and away from the geometric cut that was causing the problem. Simple but effective.

Your pathing and defense scripts are on the money. I love the way you hooked up the ground floor on the arena. The additional area you added at the bottom of the water columns, I also added it at the top. Looks great! The changes to the center are fine. I changed the center tower again and put my crystals and shrooms back in. The crystals are supposed to be an energy source and the shrooms are indicative of decay (like what happens when you open up an area to air and drain most of the water but it is still damp, you get shrooms and other related fungi). You did a marvelous job at fixing Cox's work. All of the anti-portal and mesh problems were problems with the original map. I like the floor holes. The arena is fine. I am still looking for additional compatible meshes to go in the arena. I don't care for the cave effect in the arena. The additional weapons are fine. All in all, you did marvelous. I thank you so much for your effort, creativeness and time! I have included an acknowledgement in the readme file of your contribution to the project. I hope that meets with your approval.

"Why the fluid surfaces from jails were replaced by shaders?"

Fluid surfaces are not transparent in a way that would permit the emitter effects to be seen so I replaced the fluid surfaces with glass. The jails would be an addition by Liandri anyway and not part of the original construction. The jail floors are a bit too neat for an ancient structure but they fit right in with the ancient/newer idea. They are beautiful. I also like the water troughs, nice touch. The same is true for the arena, the concept that is. I want to kind of mix the ancient with the newer. It is related but not related. I don't know if you undersand that or not but that is what I am trying to achieve.

I have moved the Medusas so that they don't pop up suddenly from nothing. You are right about the arena being too blue. I am working on making it more orangish like the main level. I want it to have the appearance of the crystals being a power source. It is coming along.

I will work on the nitpicking stuff (new loading screen, level preview and text in viewer) as I finish areas. I hope to post beta3 very soon.

Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
@Vatcilli: Thanks for the pics. It's not the bug I thought it was. It probably looks same in my comp but I didn't notice it... :)

@Acyd: No, really. I thought you'd be dissapointed by so many more small changes than requested. Glad you liked it, you're welcome! :)
No problem with the shaders in jail. Just notice that the projectors there were removed (because my crappy card does not support projectors on shaders... :p [OMG, I need a new one!])
For the arena you can use those 'broken wall' (there is one behind the flak ;)) meshes to cover the brush surfaces. And pillars do preety good work covering edges/corners. ;) Crystals are from my point of view something decorative rather than a main lightsource, they look cool giving a different colour in some spots... You're in the right way going with orange lights... Good luck! :)

Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Nice... :tup:
A bug and 3 last-minute nitpicking things:
- The first floor in the arena still looks too dark and the lighting overall there should look even more yellow and less coloured... But maybe that’s just me... More pillars and broken-wall/rock meshes still could be added (on ceilings especially)... And what about placing some crates there (more bouncing posibilities for AR grenades :D)?
- Picture 1: Ouch! The big tower was not randomly placed there... :(
- Picture 2: Little thingies with shroms and crystals... :) btw, the bottom of some of the crystals can be seen from the 100shield cave...
- The loadingscreen looks too bright IMO... Can you tweak it quickly or you’d need to make a whole new one...

Attachments

• Atlantis1.jpg
    Atlantis1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Atlantis2.jpg
    Atlantis2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Vatcilli zeitchef

Dead and back
May 16, 2005
Acyd is currently gone and I need to go pick up my girlfriend at the station
I'll make sure she reads your post.;)

BTW that is not the worst problem fly to the place were the tower was and check out
NOW that's a bug! :D looks fun though "The Invisible map"

Last edited: