JB-Abyss-WIP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TK v3

He Who Sucks Righteously At Mapping
Feb 16, 2003
South-East England
Visit site
Abyss. Three platforms. Nothing. A whole lotta jumping.

The jails aren't finished, so I'm looking for suggestions. I haven't thought of a good (and feasible) way of implementing them. So I turn to you. Bathe me in ideas! I COMMAND YOU.

Attachments

• Shot00000.gif
    Shot00000.gif
    102.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Shot00001.gif
    Shot00001.gif
    119.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Shot00003.gif
    Shot00003.gif
    127.2 KB · Views: 28

citrusmirakel

Sep 28, 2004
You asked for it...

First thing that comes to mind is replacing the towers holding up the JB platforms. Rather than that, what if the platform that the jailbreak tokens held up a cage wall that went all the way down to where the shield pack was, creating sort of cylander cells inside the base. Without the NoJailKill mutator on, inmates would still have a chance to be in the game somewhat, plus having them so close to the base would be a good way to display your trophies. Death by decompression (floor drops out) would probably be the easiest way to do executions, and in case of a jailbreak, a door would open and you'd walk right on to the bottom platform

Alternately, you could have both jails in the white area (shot00001), suspended over where the open holes are. Same basic ideas with the cages (or glass encasements, personally I like when inmates can try for frags) except since the cells would be suspended over the abyss, you'd have to double jump through a hole to safely make your way to lower platform.

Or, and from the screenshot, I can't tell where these three platforms are in relation to each other, but assuming they're in a straight line, you could create two birdcages to the center-sides. One to the left, and one to the right of the white platform, starting level to the megahealth.

Or how about doing the platforms in two layers, where the top layer would be the three screenshots (red/white/blue) platforms, and then underneath that would be the two jails, with the arena in the center-bottom?

How's that? Any help?

gunhero

Banned
Jan 30, 2005
Edmonton, AB, Canada
hmm what about a faceclassic skybox and some coronas. im wondering if you are going for a face][ spacestation look?

make sure you have slower jump pads so its not like red/blue came out of no where and it took no skill to release them

possibly a bit of lowgrav?