Janeane Garafalo owns the **** out of some word twisting Neo-Cons

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Some of you truly make me laugh. You express outrage at every conservative stereotype by throwing out liberal stereotypes of your own. Or maybe that makes me sad. Whatever.

Post charts and argue this side or that. You're naive as hell to think that the majority of either party hold your best interests higher than their own.

Frankly, seeing liberals whine about conservatives protesting makes me sick. It's hypocrisy on the same scale as conservatives that sat by silently while the government spent money like water in the GW era.

Speaking of hypocrisy... word twisting. Tea baggers? Come on... we all get the word-twisting going on there.

BBA... seriously... this Neo-Con term you keep tossing about... look it up.

Edit: oh yeah... because a protest attacts a few idiots doesn't mean it represents the ideals of the entire event. I'd wager you can look at just about any protest in history and find a few incendiary signs. And you're a fool if you think there wasn't political chicanery going on from some of those people there holding those signs. That's the oldest play in the book.

Some of you truly make me laugh. You express outrage at every conservative stereotype by throwing out liberal stereotypes of your own. Or maybe that makes me sad. Whatever.

Post charts and argue this side or that. You're naive as hell to think that the majority of either party hold your best interests higher than their own.

Frankly, seeing liberals whine about conservatives protesting makes me sick. It's hypocrisy on the same scale as conservatives that sat by silently while the government spent money like water in the GW era.

Speaking of hypocrisy... word twisting. Tea baggers? Come on... we all get the word-twisting going on there.

BBA... seriously... this Neo-Con term you keep tossing about... look it up.

Edit: oh yeah... because a protest attacts a few idiots doesn't mean it represents the ideals of the entire event. I'd wager you can look at just about any protest in history and find a few incendiary signs. And you're a fool if you think there wasn't political chicanery going on from some of those people there holding those signs. That's the oldest play in the book.

Holy Mary mother of God!
In all of these political pissing threads here's a post that actually makes a point! :eek:

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
People gathering to protest an increasing debt I can support, but these "Tea Parties" were fundamentally flawed from the outset and these flaws were only compounded.
Ok, so you understand why people are protesting, but you have a problem with the name of the event? Or that fox news supported it? Also, I think most of us realized that we weren't in Boston or had tea.

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
You [liberals/right wingers] drive me mad, I'm forever seeing [anarchists/anti israelis/racists] at protest sporting offensive signs. where do you guys get off with that crap? Your [liberal/right wing] biased news spends all day spouting lies, how can you believe that rubbish ?

Forgetful

Here is party?
Sep 21, 2003
Winnipeg, Canada
Visit site
You obviously haven't a clue what the tea parties are really about. They aren't just about taxes dippy they are about getting back to the constitution and obeying the law it provides. Other then allowing the federal government to take more and more power away from the states and the people. The entire point of the tea parties is to actually return that power to the states and people. Get a clue.

And Janeane Garafalo is the hannity of the left. Just as retarded and just as outcoming with the retardation. She is so ****ing clueless to think it was about race and you backing her up, well, that speaks volumes of you.
Seriously?

I didn't think they were really stupid enough people out there to be brainwashed by FOX news. Seriously... you do know that the tea party is just another attempt to debase the people's trust in the current president.. right?

If democrats pulled **** like this the conservatives would have called it treasonous.

KaiserWarrior

Flyin' High
Aug 5, 2008
Im shocked this thread has reached 3 pages.

Politics threads attract a lot of attention because they provide an avenue for people to argue all day long with no conceivable end, and still stay within most forum guidelines. And everyone loves to argue on the interbuttz.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
It's not just news...it's Fox News!
Al's and dotnetbeast's questions still stand

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3616/3447395357_36619070a9.jpg
Whenever I see someone using comments like this, I want to slap them with a chunk of rebar
Reason: Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii. Being born in the US automatically makes you a US citizen, regardless of parental nationality

As for the requests of his birth certificate, apparently a copy of it was put up on the net last year

In regards to some of the other pictures posted, I'm not even going to bother

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
BTW, I meant to add something to my earlier comment.

If you're going to hold an event called a "tea party" and have it be about taxes, you're going to discover that it will evoke thoughts on the Boston Tea Party since it is the only and most popular "tea party" anyone has ever held due to taxes. And you should expect anyone who disagrees with you to bring that up. And poke fun at you for it.

Just sayin'.

(I call any time two or more cop cars are parked next to each other a "tea party". I'm hopeful that it will catch on in popular vernacular.)

Last edited:
Plus mother****ing one.

And Garafalo has the exact right idea - if these Neo-Cons are so concerned about spending, where the hell were they for the last 8 years? I'll tell you where. They got their boy in the White House for two terms so they sat fat and happy in their upscale homes while the entire nation went to hell in a handbasket. And now, we have a new President and things are going to change in a big way; Neo-Cons like the status quo. Everything going on with the country and the economy hasn't hurt the upper 1% one damn bit. It hasn't even affected the upper/upper-middle-class that much. They still drive around in the gas-guzzling SUVs and they still keep wasting money on every shiny piece of **** they can get their hands on. They are the epitome of the Baby-Boomer 'ME' philosophy. They don't give a **** about what happens to any of the rest of us as long as they can continue to have sub-$3/gal gas to drive that Hummer to work.

I don't know if any of you have been paying attention but gas-guzzler sales are way up since the cost of gas went down near the end of last year. Meanwhile, the car companies keep spitting out bigger and bigger trucks and SUVs, then they try to justify it by saying "Hey, this isn't like before, it gets 20mpg!" Meanwhile, most cars are getting 30+ mpg and a good bunch of them are getting 40+ mpg. Even the new Honda Civic Si's, which are classified as sports cars, get 35mpg. Why aren't people buying these cars? Social status. It all boils down to having the biggest most luxurious SUV on the block. Despite all that has happened in the last 8 years, Americans en masse are STILL completely ****ing braindead, and I have absolutely no sympathy for them.

Couldn't agree more.

On top of all this I BLATANTLY see the racism and hate in the signs and messages of these tea-bagger douche bags. I have NO sympathy for anyone who makes over 250k a year, no matter what they do for a living.

There are only 2 colors of people left in this world and ignorant racists of all breeds need to realize: "Green" and "You don't have any green".

Money is far and away the most disgusting, vile and corrupt idea mankind has ever used to hold itself back.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
no matter what they do for a living.
Not even a highly experienced surgeon who could potentially save your life if you ever need it?

[I don't know the salary of a surgeon, so if it's way under 250k correct me on that]

PS: I'm not trolling, just asking :) Because for me it seems weird to show no respect for someone dedicated to saving lives and helping others. ;)

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
If ANYONE, not just those people who participated in those "tea parties", is upset about how the government is run or wants to have a particular say in what is happening, there is a wide range of things they can do including, but not limited to: voting, writing their representatives in Congress, funding a political-action committee which has more push than just one person, etc. It's not like these avenues have mysteriously disappeared. A sincere, heartfelt, well-thought out and well-written letter to your personal Senator(s)/Representative(s) may honestly do the most good. But they still can share their opinions with their duly-elected officials.

That doesn't work, sorry. Try it sometime and see for yourself. Furthermore, look into what a Texas representatives are doing as a response to the protests. They are basically challenging the power change in the country and if they win everything that happened because of the power switch will be undone including FDR's new deal stuff(welfare etc). So yeah, the protests did do something. It will probably fail, but still.

dragonfliet said:
That being said, to call the Tea Parties a protest of fiscal policy is absolutely absurd. To even say that the majority were protesting fiscal policy is absurd. While there were certainly a good number of folks there for that reason, it was a hodgepodge of racism, a right wing reaction against losing the house and presidency (and the policy changes because of it), and a good dose of simple stupidity.

I never said the majority was there because of that nor did I even mention fiscal policy. The goals ranged from fiscal policy to power balance and taxes, but the goal wasn't racism, a plead against Obama or otherwise. People show up for many reasons to protests and no manner what the protest you will get allot of people that show up for the wrong reasons.

Additionally, the majority of the crowds protesting increased taxes are actually seeing DECREASED taxes as they make less than $250,000. The republican party certainly should be credited for the effectiveness of their propaganda that they were able to convince people that they were being taxed more when they actually will see a noticeable decrease.

Wrong, everyone's taxes will go up that pays taxes. Learn the facts, not the promises. How do you pay for healthcare reform, college for everyone, green tech stuff, stimulus, bailouts, etc with just rich peoples money? You don't. If he is going to pay for it all everyone will have to pay more, and furthermore you will be forced to pay more at the pumps because of a raise in taxes(opps your taxes just went up) in a charge to force people to change to electronic cars, you will pay more for power in a charge to punish power companies, and both of those will cause inflation to go up which will undoubtedly make everything cost more. Then there is the fact you will pay more because he is changing the tax code in such a way that you will get less money back at the end of the year and actually get charged more, but at the same time pay less per month, but when its all comes out in the end most people will pay more. Ofcourse, you can believe that is fox news if you want, but then your ignoring the fact I don't watch fox news.

On a sidenote, 5000 bucks for an electronic car per person is what he is using other then higher taxes on gas. I'm not using it for that though. I'm going to buy myself a new computer with the money :D

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
That doesn't work, sorry. Try it sometime and see for yourself.

How do you know it doesn't work? I've written my Congressmen before and they've responded. My girlfriend has too. You know what works real well too? Not doing anything.

Furthermore, look into what a Texas representatives are doing as a response to the protests.

Isn't it ironic? Voicing your opinion publicly ACTUALLY caused a Representative of those people to DO SOMETHING. Boy, I tell ya, if we had no representation at all nothing would have happened. Just like during that Boston Tea Party. (Actually, something did happen: the British government levied more Acts to further hinder the freedom of the Colonists.)

So, you know. Thanks for proving my point that calling them "tea parties" was idiocy.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Billy, if you know what a neo-con is, why do you consistently use the term wrong in every thread you post about neo-cons in? You ALWAYS act like EVERY Republican is a neo-conservative, which is not true.

Also, let me remind you that we are on track to have a national deficit this year of over $1.8 TRILLION. That is FOUR TIMES more than the deficit last year, and that is ALL Obama spending. Why does it bother you that some people would be concerned about this?

The whining about "tea parties" (which are really just concerned citizens protesting) is monumentally ironic, since for the last 6 years neo-libs :)rolleyes:) have been protesting and whining and having protests about the war on terror. At the most basic level, neither of these things are different, and it's ridiculous to act like the protests taking place now are wrong but those protests were fully justified.

Did you even read what I posted earlier? Neo-Cons based on what they were founded on and what they are today are two different things. You guys are basically the closest thing we have had to an evil party that has taken over things like the Nazis did. **** you guys even build camps where you tortured people. WTF don't you see?

I guess it's not worth spending money unless we are invading countries for resources and killing women in children to maintain this way of life you enjoy in the U.S. It is not right and is so morally wrong it makes me sick.

If you read anything I have wrote it should be this; your political beliefs and morals are not only in the minority in the U.S. (hence why Obama won by such a landslide) but even more of a minority in the free world. The EU thinks you guys are stupid ****s, Most of America thinks you are stupid ****s. Etc. So that phrase that you learned when you were a kid; "if the majority thinks you are doing something that is bad and wrong, then there is without a shadow of a doubt you are doing something bad and wrong.

Your views on how this country should be run and how we should conduct ourselves in front of the world are on the same level of mental sickness that a child molester has. You are willing to hurt everyone else for your own personal gain, and you can't seem to see anything wrong with that. :shake:

Last edited:

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
A brief summary

BBA: Neo cons...

Larkin: Bosh! No clue!

Brizz: HURRR KA DURRR!!!

TWD: OK, maybe my comrades were acting like huge dicks. But is that the real issue here?

hal: Oh dear, an independent such as myself is so disappointed with the behavior of such individuals. Not to say that their opposition composes themselves to the contrary; I am disgusted to no end by these hypocrites, as any political party is made up of clowns and fools. Anyone who blindly follows either should be ashamed. Good heavens, is this the high road I see below me? Indeed, I seem to be walking upon it!