1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jailbreak servers reject me

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Support' started by Jrubzjeknf, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Jrubzjeknf

Jrubzjeknf Registered Coder

I installed Jailbreak (the umod which includes the update) a few days ago and played it IA and yesterday online. Today I tried to join a server and it says: "/System/Jailbreak.u file mismatch" or "/System/JBTools (or something like that) file mismatch". All the JBservers won't let me connect, I can join all the standard gametype servers fine though. Know how come? Have CBPv1 and v2 installed, along with a pack of crosshairs

Last edited: Jun 23, 2004
  2. TheSpoonDog

TheSpoonDog CBP3! Yarrr!

It's probably just that server. Sounds like that server hasn't installed the service pack - try joining a different one.

3. Jrubzjeknf

tried at least five other servers, all rejected me...
    I played JB last in IA, gonna try to 'activate' DM in IA and then join a JBserver. Maybe that helps.....

4. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

Did you update to Jailbreak 2004a (SP1) yourself?

5. Jrubzjeknf

I just downloaded jailbreak, I think it had the SP1 in it. Dunno for sure it's that one, can't find a version anywhere.....
    Could join 1 server: the one which's coloured in purple (I joined that one the first time I played one the internet with JB, didn't join any other servers). Can't join the others. Took a look at the build of JB of all the servers and they're all the same, also the purple one.

When I try to join, I first get a 'can't connect', when I retry I get a 'file mismatch'.

Better to download it again?

6. TheSpoonDog

TheSpoonDog CBP3! Yarrr!

Just download service pack 1 and install it, then try to play.

7. Jrubzjeknf

ok, will try

8. Jrubzjeknf

it worked :rolleyes: :D
    thx

9. {OF}Flying_Dutchman

{OF}Flying_Dutchman New Member

Yes, I'm sure that will work. However, I run a public server and not everybody knows about the jailbreak upgrade.

Thus the problem I face is people try to join the server and then get a jailbreak error message (file version mismatch) and cannot connect.

Is there a workaround for this?

10. TheSpoonDog

TheSpoonDog CBP3! Yarrr!

Just put (JB2003/4 Service Pack 1) in your server name - hopefully they're smart enough to figure out they need the service pack then :)

11. Sexmachine

Sexmachine - retired -

This page describes how to update a server from Jailbreak 2003/2004 to any later Jailbreak patch level and allow clients with older versions to join.