1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jailbreak install

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Support' started by Fellito, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Fellito

Fellito New Member

i suppose you can call me computer retarded (dont)
    anyway i opened up the compressed file and thats as far as i got before i got stuck so any help would be super

thnx :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Mulch_D

Mulch_D Noxious Weed

*.unr files go in Maps/
    *.utx files go in Textures/
    *.umx files go in Music/
    *.uax files go in Sounds/
    *.u and *.int files go in System/

3. CoolDude

CoolDude New Member

1) Open the zipfile JailbreakIII-Gold.zip.
    If you have XP you can open it directly, otherwise you have to use WinZip.

2) Doubleclick on the file JailbreakIII-Gold.umod
    Umods are Unreal Tournament install-files.
    It then will come up with the installer. In one screen you will be asked in what directory you want to install the files in. Most of the time this automatically points to your UT directory already. If not, fill in your UT-directory youself (eg. C:\UT).
    Press next a couple of times, and that's really it.

Remark 1: Don't forget to download and install the extra mappacks the same way as described above.

Remark 2: If doubleclicking the umod-file doesn't open the installer automatically, the file associations in your windows registry are probably messed up. You can download this registry patch and doubleclick on it to repair this.

Remark 3: You also need to have UTPatch v436, Unreal BonusPack1 and Unreal BonusPack4 installed. These were part of the Unreal Tournament GOTY Edition, but not of the original UT. If you don't already have them, you can get them here

If you don't succeed, let us know.
    :cool:

4. Sexmachine

Sexmachine - retired -

Last edited: Oct 22, 2003