Jailbreak for UT99

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CycLon.NL

Aug 9, 2005
Today I checked CB after a very very long while, since I haven't been in any active clans for a long while. There I read there would be JailBreak ladders in the near future, this title somehow catched my attention so I went to the JailBreak website.

As I don't have UT2k3/4 I immediatly started checking out the UT99 mod of JB. I really like what I saw, especially the maps look awesome. I've already downloaded the mod, now my question is: "Is this mod still played a lot online?"

If not I don't see many reasons to install it, that's the reason of this post.

Thnx in advance :)

Last edited:

CycLon.NL

Aug 9, 2005
That doesn't sound too enthusiastic, but hell I've already installed it and I'm already mapping :)

Vatcilli zeitchef

Dead and back
May 16, 2005
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hey m8 I If you want to know there are still sufficient players that play JB III
(ut99 if you did not notice that) I'm one of them. I also do some mapping, Hey why don't you post some shots on what you are doing?

CycLon.NL

Aug 9, 2005
I'll do that tomorrow, I've done a lot of mapping for Tactical Ops (another UT mod that has gone retail.) Somehow I could never really create a nice atmosphere in UT because I'm better in creating more realistic environments. But Tactical Ops is kinda dying and custom maps are rarely played, that's why I went looking for something else.

http://members.lycos.nl/cyclonnl/pics/ , there you can find some TO wip's (work in progress.) I haven't finished most of those shots though, but it shows I'm not new to UED2 ;)

On my current map I probably can use some help, because those JB actors are kinda new to me and that mapping guide on the site doesn't show any screenshots and I could use some for clarification. But once I've done the geometry I'll just check other JB maps and if that doesn't help me out, I'll post some questions in the Mapping Forum.

And about those new CB Ladders, let's hope some new appear for JB III too, maybe that'll boost the number of servers and players :D

Vatcilli zeitchef

Dead and back
May 16, 2005
Actually mapping for JB is not much more difficult than for CTF
Making it look good is the hardest point (but I see you are experienced)
The only new actors you need will be:

The TeamActivaedMechanism (release switch)
The arenazone (only if you have an arena)
Two jails (Any room with an exit triggered by the release and a Jailzone)
Replace playerstarts with JB playerstarts
Place some in the Jails to with BJailedStart to True
And arena starts in the Arena (Thatz all)

------Edit------

I mostly make my map in ctf first to test if the AI works.
(Yes I did some maps for own pleasure)
and to make sure any bug in there has nothing to do with JB actors.

Last edited:

CycLon.NL

Aug 9, 2005
Well... as I've promised to post some screenshots, here are some. I hope you all like them :)

jb_wip.jpg

Left-top: View of red jail, gate (movers) not made yet
Right-top: View of the entrances of the blue base
Left-bottom: View of the entrances of the blue base
Right-bottom: Another view at the jail and, no it's not open but there's glass in between.

These screenies are still of early progress as I've only worked on this map for about 3 or 4 hours.

Once I've made a lot of progress I'll create a new thread in the mapping forum, I have no idea for a name yet. Feel free to suggest any names.

CycLon.NL

Aug 9, 2005
Nice textures, but I've started of with the UTtech1&2 packages already ;) Maybe I can use them in future maps :tup:

CycLon.NL

Aug 9, 2005
I'm going to Lowlands tomorrow (a festival) and I'd like to leave some screenshots before I leave. I haven't got the time right now though. So I'll post a new thread in the mapping forum before I'm leaving tomorrow.

I'll read your compliments and critisimn (I hope it will be constructivecritisimn) when I get back next monday.

Vatcilli zeitchef

Dead and back
May 16, 2005
CycLon.NL said:
I'd like to leave some screenshots before I leave. I haven't got the time right now though. So I'll post a new thread in the mapping forum before I'm leaving tomorrow.

I've searched for your thread, nothing. Your profile also says you've never posted a second thread. So I can't comment on that.

CycLon.NL

Aug 9, 2005
Yeah I know, I was too lazy and too busy to start a thread. So I guess I'll start one as soon as I've taken the screenies. I'm still a little wasted after drinking beer for five days in a row.