Jailbreak 2004c bot issue

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Jul 2, 2004
I found out about Jailbreak 2004c today, so I updated my old version of JB. I was observing the bots in JB-Coralation (my all-time favorite JB map), and immediately noticed that none of the bots in vehicles were firing at enemy vehicles! Is this due to some setting with the new version, or a bug? I tried using 2004b to make sure this was an issue with 2004c, and indeed it was. The bots in vehicles were attacking each other just fine in the old version.

JB-Coralation: http://ut2004.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Maps/Jailbreak/&file=jb-coralation.zip

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Thanks for reporting. JB2004c does not contain any fixes specific to JB-Coralation, so it may be a bug introduces by changes to bot support in general. Did you notice this effect on any other JB maps with vehicles?

Jul 2, 2004
Thanks for reporting. JB2004c does not contain any fixes specific to JB-Coralation, so it may be a bug introduces by changes to bot support in general. Did you notice this effect on any other JB maps with vehicles?

I just confirmed that it also happens in JB-Oasis, so I would assume this bug happens with all vehicle maps. The best way to see this bug is to launch JB-Oasis, go in spectator mode, and add only four bots. Two of the bots will defend, and the other two should get in vehicles and attack. This results in the two attacking bots driving around ignoring each other indefinitely. The defending bots will fire at the vehicles, and the vehicles will fire at bots outside of vehicles, but never at other vehicles.

By the way, why isn't JB-Oasis-V2 included with jailbreak 2004c? The author did some bug fixes and performance enhancements for this version: https://ut.rushbase.net/UTJailbreakTeam/UT2004 Custom Maps/JB-Oasis-v2.zip

Jul 2, 2004
Okay, JB-Oasis with 4 bots.
/me takes notes...

By the way, just to be clear - this bug does not only happen with 4 bots. I only gave you those specific numbers, because it's easier to test that way. In JB-Coralation, there can be dozens of bots driving around ignoring each other (which gets ridiculous). I am sticking with the previous version of Jailbreak until this is fixed, because it's a pretty severe bug for anyone who plays against bots.

TBH I don't know why we didn't include v2 of Oasis, but I bet we simply forgot over the long time between JB2004b and c.

It happens. ;)