I've worked out how to add slipstreams to UnWheel, now if only I could code...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Basically what I'd thought of is having a particle effect produced by te back of the vehicles if they reach a certain speed (it would be hardly distinguishable however). And when another car drives into this area their speed increases so that it is now the mean speed for their car's original speed and the car in front's current speed. I'd code it like this:

Perform a trace every 0.1 of a second from the back of every car. If a UWCar actor enters the trace at a distance of 512uu or under it will record the car behind's speed in a variable.

Then every 0.3 of a second it will check the current speed of the car the trace was run from and add it to the variable, divide by two and that will be the following car's speed until that following car leaves the slipstream.

I chose to use the following car's original speed in a variable because the car would soon crash into the one in front if it kept taking the mean speed from the tagging car and the lead car.

This along with the customisable coloured skins feature I explained previously would make this mod rock even more.

If anyone doesn't understand just quote the bit and I'll try to explain. My explanation skills aren't too good.

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
Well, I am slighty confused; but greatly impressed:) (If it works, however:D)
What we are truly going to need is the ability to do a controlled slide. SVehicles spin out so easily, and with no recovery. Lowering the mass does help, but it also creates other problems:p

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
those would look so cool wouldn't they, and we should have a "slide" particle mode where dust particles come out of the side of the whole car